Closed--2018 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

continuing working the nests,for the games I'm doing varying shades of red,white and blue,when we get a gold medal,I'll add gold,I have 3 in the works that aren't themed,will finish them in between,I'm at 14,hope to be at 25 by the end of the games

wtd + 10 ytd + 60

We've been dealing with the ick in my house. Got sick myself Wednesday and haven't touched yarn or hook since. However,  before I got sick I made a unicorn stuffie w a rainbow mane. I used a skein and a ball onthe unicorn  (+3) but didn't use enough of any of the other colors to count here. Hopefully tonight I'll feel up for making the eyes and then she'll be done.

WTD: +3

I'll update my signature once I'm on my laptop 

Scores for the week ending 2/10/18:

Gold Medal Winner: greyhoundgrandma +26

Silver Medal Winner: pineknott +10

Bronze Medal Winner: LegalWoman17 +6

Ellie 13 +4

HollyHobbyz +4

Inkked0317 +3

PBLKNP 0

KaylaKitsa 0

MalisaMeesa -8

howieann -22

Shoot the Moon Winner: TexasPurl -40

Edited by greyhoundgrandma
  • Like 1

I know I'm late, but my computer is acting up and I haven't been able to do anything with it. Since I missed last week, too, I wanted to go ahead and get my numbers in. I actually used quite a bit up, but I also bought some yarn to make some hats and scarves for the girls and me.

WTD: -22 YTD: - 25

went shopping Saturday - 6 took care of that

mail came today,and my request for yarn balls was granted :clap 24 in various colors and small to big in size,between now and Saturday I have some  busting to do

- 24  whittled it down to +3

Edited by pineknott

Mona

one nest is roughly ten rounds of three strands,if I don't have interuptions I can get 3 nests done in a day,most times its a nest  and a half,with the olympics I've been staying up way too late,I did learn I can't work on them during ice dancing,my tension got sooooooooo tight I could hardly get the hook through the next round:D

I can relate to that. I learned today that when doing filet crochet from a chart while watching the Olympics, you should always check which direction you are going. LOL

My shoulders hate me, but I finished another skein on the baby blanket...+2

WTD +8

Edited by greyhoundgrandma

thought I would have added another two points but that will have to wait till tomorrow,so will be added to next wks count

after a bonanza of gifted yarn balls 24,it took all week to whittle it to a plus 3

+ 3

Hi everyone! After a week of being sick, I was ready to pick up my hook again but Hubs had other plans. We spent Monday and Tuesday mornings in the ER and eventually got confirmation that he's got kidney stones. The rest of the week was pretty much just playing nurse until he went back to work on Thursday and Friday. On those two nights I was able to finish the eyes for my unicorn (my girls have decided her name is Sprinkles because of her rainbow mane) as well as make a baby dress for my soon to be born neice and start a second dress for her. I used two balls (+2) on the dress I completed. I am really hoping this next week will be normal and boring and I'll just be sitting and crocheting at home every evening because I feel like I haven't really done much these past two weeks.

WTD: +2

YTD: +74

I’m still at:

WTD = 0

I’m at a standstill with my socks.  I’m actually running out of yarn, but I’m not nearly done yet.  I think I’m going to have to measure the recipient’s feet - I’m wondering if I’m making these too large. I’ve been going by the measurements she gave me. 

Hello all! It's the end of another week. It looks like everyone(except this one) had a productive week despite a few setbacks. I'm sending prayers out for good health & nimble fingers for next week.

Scores for the week ending 2/17/18:

Gold Medal Winner: greyhoundgrandma +8

Silver Medal Winner: LegalWoman17 +4

Bronze Medal Winner: 2 Winners! pineknott & howieann Tied at +3 

Inkked0317 +2

PBLKNP 0

Shoot the Moon Winner: TexasPurl -5

18 hours ago, pineknott said:

Mona

one nest is roughly ten rounds of three strands,if I don't have interuptions I can get 3 nests done in a day,most times its a nest  and a half,with the olympics I've been staying up way too late,I did learn I can't work on them during ice dancing,my tension got sooooooooo tight I could hardly get the hook through the next round:D

Ditto on that Mona!  I've been watching the ice dancing and I've learned I have to watch EVERY move they make--and that means with my full attention!!  I love the figure skating--I wish they had another week of it!