Closed--2018 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

WTD: +4

Not too much accomplished this week. Finished the Broomstick Shawl. Worked on small projects while sitting at the hospital with my mom. She's home now and I can get back to work!

Debbie Bliss +4 Broomstick Lace Shawl

Hi everyone!!! I hope you all had a great week! I have been running crazy between doctor appointments, setting up for a triple bday party, and just life in general this week. 

This week I added a white ruffle border to the baby Hogwarts blanket, which took a full skein and a small ball (+3). I also made yet another Timothy the T Rex for a boy at church (they all love this dino!) and used up two balls (+2). Tonight I got to work on a unicorn pattern that looks like it's based on the My Little Pony horses, so I'm excited to see how it turns out, and I've used a full skein on that already (+2).

WTD: +7

YTD: +69

Tomorrow is church, then the triple bday party for my two youngest and my nephew. Once that craziness is done, I'm going to kick back with some wine and not accomplish a whole lot :lol. In the next week, I'm hoping to knock out a few more stuffies for the munchkins at church. I'm coming to the end of my list of families that I haven't made for yet, so this project of mine may be drawing to a close. I'm kind of sad about that, but then I think all these kids (15 given, 7 in the works) that all have something I made just for them, based on what they like, and it makes me smile :manyheart. I've started working on a Harry Potter graph ghan for myself, but I just can't bring myself to work on it. I think I might need a break from graphs for a bit after that baby Hogwarts blanket lol. 

I hope you all have an awesome week!!

Scores for the week ending 2/3/18:

Gold Medal Winner: KaylaKitsa +44

Silver Medal Winner: LegalWoman17 +10

Bronze Medal Winner: pineknott +9

Inkked0317 +7

MalisaMeesa +6

TexasPurl +4

PBLKNP 0

HollyzHobbyz 0

jessicali -6

Shoot the Moon Winner: greyhoundgrandma -8

Edited by greyhoundgrandma
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, HollyzHobbyz said:

I can't believe I bought two skeins of yarn at Hobby Lobby yesterday!  WTD (so far): -4

I was weak as well, ordered 18 balls of cotton from Ice Yarns. I do have a project for it. I'm not counting it until it actually arrives at the front door. lol

On 2/6/2018 at 10:58 AM, TexasPurl said:

I was weak as well, ordered 18 balls of cotton from Ice Yarns. I do have a project for it. I'm not counting it until it actually arrives at the front door. lol

I'm not familiar with that yarn. What are you planning to make?

I did some clean up and rolled two skeins into balls...+2  =  +3.

I finished a scarf while watching tv and rolled a skein into a ball...+1 = +4

Edited by greyhoundgrandma
  • Like 1

On 2/6/2018 at 11:58 AM, TexasPurl said:

I loooove Ice Yarns! looks like lots of us were weak this week! I bought four skeins of Wool from Etsy this Tuesday, but won't be counting it til it arrives!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

I'm not familiar with that yarn. What are you planning to make?

My plan is for "Joana's Mandala" with the border. I've chosen blue, brown & cream colors. Can't wait to start it!

so my Etsy Yarn came in reallly fast! I ordered it on Tuesday at 730am  and it shipped later that day from DesMoines, Iowa to South West Ohio and arrived on my doorstep at 11 am today!

blueLoch1.jpg.103c172d283c14836512a1578bad9449.jpgblueLoch2.jpg.e89a81c9c7d07a82fcf21c80d8bdcf4a.jpg blueLoch3.jpg.7b99afee113a956e2f8683e4d5c11058.jpg 

These ^^^^ are all the same skein first two with flash third without! This is Bartlett Yarns in their Rangley 2-ply Worsted in the Color Blue Loch it is 100% Wool 

HotPink.jpg.e84059f85674eb279cb2abe8868752a9.jpg <-- This is Berroco Ultra Alpaca in the color 6233 (Hot Pink) it is Worsted weight 50% Wool 50% Alpaca

sage.jpg.6b23ce1469ce5b8624d1599b8d6a3b25.jpg <-- this is Stonehedge Fiber Mill the Shepherd's Wool(100%) Worsted Weight in the color Sage

Watercolor.jpg.0cfbdb4d7aeb0b64eb6c97d622f316b4.jpg <--- and this is Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted Multi in the Watercolor  color, 100% wool :)

so there goes -8 points...... maybe i can get a couple of balls on my scrap blanket done.

I hate those, Jessica!

Those are pretty colors, Malisa.

Just a tiny bit of crocheting today. For some reason my back has been hurting all day. I think it may require a muscle relaxant tonight. I'm supposed to have the GDs tomorrow while their mom goes grocery shopping, so hopefully I'll have a little time then.

I'm most likely the front runner for the "Shoot the Moon" this week. My order from Ice Yarns arrived yesterday. Amazing, ordered on the 5th, arrived on the 9th. From Turkey! I can't get some things that quickly from Dallas!

I won't get a lot done today, so here it is...... (I better get on the horse next week)

WTD -40 

Caron SS +2 Baby Blanket; Caron SS -6 Baby Blanket; Ice Cotton -36 Mandala

The cold temps and icy conditions have been a friend to me, the last two weeks!!  I've made 6 prayer shawls for the local Hospice ( that's roughly 16 oz. per shawl!!), and finished 3 afghans for the Veterans' hospitals (another 9 oz.!)!  But, strangely--I can't even tell I've made a dent in my stash!!!  But--at least I haven't added to it!!  I've been really good--every time I get a new JoAnn's ad, I tuck it away until it's out-of-date, so I don't get tempted!!! And I'm getting ready to give a bunch of yarn to my DH's cousin--all "stuff" I no longer want to work with, mainly!  She's into fuzzy yarns, and funky yarns!!

I gave away four skeins of yarn this week!  :D  There are some ladies at my workplace (I drive a school bus) that knit & crochet during their down time.  I had four skeins of RHSS that I gave to one of them, so she could make a scarf for her dad.  I had purchased it last fall, with the intent of using it for a Christmas present.  Then I found a different yarn!  So, scores for the week:

WTD:  +4  YTD:  -64

I'm sorry I haven't been here since last Christmas. I've done a lot of :crocheting since then. I've made 35 (+/-) preemie hats, 20 pocket prayer shawls, some with a Jewish star (thanks to those who helped me find a pattern :hug) and a ton of :heart pins. On Martin L. King service day I sat with other crocheters/knitters and made hats for charity. I brought :yarn, thinking I could get rid of some stash :D. I guess everyone had the same idea, because I went home with more than I brought :lol . I started a C2C with a pounder of white and 8 oz. multi colored :yarn . I was about 10 rows away from being done when I saw it was not quite square. I found the mistake just before the center line, now I have to frog 30 (+/-) rows  :bang . With all using, giving and getting my first score this year is:

WTD: +  4  YTD: + 74

Ellie 13

Edited by Ellie 13