Closed--2018 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

I'm at my parents, got here Mon. afternoon. My sister and husband came Sun. with a friend whose mother lives in another building here (small world). We all had the lunch buffet together. I didn't get :yarn  yesterday, but a coworker gave me a gift card and some coupons to Michael's on Fri. My mom and I are going shopping before I go home, so who knows :lol . Who ever sets up the 2019 game, count me in.

WTD: + 2   YTD: +138

Ellie 13

Edited by Ellie 13

Ellie, I'll be starting the new thread this week. Hope you find some good buys at Michael's.

I got a gift card for joann's and hobby lobby but I doubt I'll get to either this week. I'm not sure why it feels better to add negatives on the end of the year instead of starting with them next year. Lol

I'm planning to have a quiet day crocheting today.

I went shopping yesterday lol all yarn was on sale at Michael's...so I got 10 skeins....and I agree I'd much rather end the year taking a hit to my score than start the year negative lol

I'm going to be away this weekend, and busy with various activities...including giving the afghan to my niece!  I'm so excited!  

So, here are my totals:

Stashbuster Total: WTD -14  YTD -72

Happy New Year, all!!! 

I finished another elephant, a reindeer and started a hat. Used 1 skein and 1 ball (+ 3) :yay . Didn't get to Michaels, so no new :yarn . I might get out tomorrow, so I could be negative for the new year. 

WTD:  + 5   YTD:  + 141

Ellie 13

I'm still working on preemie stuff and the Trinity Knot graph blanket. I did finish off 2 skeins this week (+4), but I also bought or was gifts a total of 12 skeins (-24)....

WTD: -20

YTD: +199

Happy New Year everyone!!♡♡

I got 2 Shawl in a Ball skeins for Christmas (-4), but I also finished 2 skeins on baby blankets and rolled up 3 more (+7). So for me it's:

WTD: +3 YTD: -23.

Not great for the year, but the best I've done! And seeing as I had months where I never touched a hook, I'm not complaining.

WTD scores for the final week of 2018:

Gold Medal Winner: Ellie 13 +5

Silver Medal Winner: TexasPurl +4

Bronze Medal Winner: howieann +3

Holding Steady:

pineknott

darski

greyhoundgrandma

New yarn friends:

PBLKNP -14

Shoot the Moon Winner: Inkked0317 -20

• Like 1

Final scores for 2018:

Gold Medal Winner: pineknott +202

Silver Medal Winner: Inkked0317 +199

Bronze Medal Winner: darski +146

Hooks flying:

Ellie 13 +141

greyhoundgrandma +114

Stash ready for new projects:

howieann -23

PBLKNP -72

2018 Shoot the Moon Winner: TexasPurl -109

Great looking scores for the year!

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

I've been doing a lot of crocheting and frogging and accomplishing nothing.  I AM keeping my stashbusting numbers up to date with the exception that I am NOT counting yarn I am getting rid of right now because I am doing a massive destash of craft items, which will go on The Big Blue Truck tomorrow.