Jump to content

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

Ok, I think I need a 12 step program! I started looking at my craft room today to see about organizing the yarn that is everywhere, in bags from previous projects, a complete jumble of brands/colors. I found a bag of 10 skeins of RH red holiday yarn, that I have no recollection of ordering and no idea what I was going to make.

LOL!.Heck! I can't even take 12 steps into my craft room!  But it's always fun to find those forgotten skeins. :2rock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love that the people in my life now see pictures of crochet items they like and send them to me! Today the secretary at my church set me a picture of a crochet basket that looks like an owl. It says it's big enough to hold 3 rolled towels. I just got back from a run to Michael's  (sale plus coupon! ) where I got enough yarn to make 2 baskets for her....but of course there's a hidden surprise because it's made with 4 strands of bulky yarn held together...so I bought 10 skeins of Loops & Threads Charisma for the first basket and 9 for the second  (they only had 9). ...so I'm down 19 skeins at this point. ...now I'm going to order the pattern and get out my big hooks and see how much of this I can make into baskets this week! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My mom handed over the yarn for a project she started a few years ago and asked me to finish it for her. It's only 3 skeins, so no biggie. She ALSO wants me to look at her stash and take what I want before she gets rid of the rest. So I'm guessing that a couple of bins are coming into my tiny apartment. Plus I very badly ordered about 15 skeins of yarn over the weekend. I do have a plan for them, though. AND the yarn I bought for the baby hat program at the library (I'm the manager) can't be reiumbursed because I forgot that I had a skein of my own and they won't do mixed receipts. So I'll be bringing home all the leftovers from that... about 9 skeins. Ugh! I'm sinking fast. Add that to not being able to do much at a time because I irritated something shoveling snow and it could be a bad week!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holly, that sounds like lots of yarn fun!

Jessie, you have such a great attitude! When people text and email "this is so cute" pictures, I just respond "sure is". LOL

I made a little progress on the craft room yesterday. Sorted out two bins, loaded one with caron one pounds, one with RH, and one with ILTY, and left one misc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, howieann said:

My mom handed over the yarn for a project she started a few years ago and asked me to finish it for her. It's only 3 skeins, so no biggie. She ALSO wants me to look at her stash and take what I want before she gets rid of the rest. So I'm guessing that a couple of bins are coming into my tiny apartment. Plus I very badly ordered about 15 skeins of yarn over the weekend. I do have a plan for them, though. AND the yarn I bought for the baby hat program at the library (I'm the manager) can't be reiumbursed because I forgot that I had a skein of my own and they won't do mixed receipts. So I'll be bringing home all the leftovers from that... about 9 skeins. Ugh! I'm sinking fast. Add that to not being able to do much at a time because I irritated something shoveling snow and it could be a bad week!

But what a kind gift from your mom! Even if you're behind on the stashbusting, you don't have to spend $$ on it. Hoping for a speedy recovery from your shoveling injury. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did a little more sorting in my craft room and threw away a skein and ball of white that was discolored...+3

I threw away 5 more discolored or snarled skeins...+10 = +13

Edited by greyhoundgrandma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not much progress this week on using up skeins. I went to my WW meeting tonight and a fellow member asked if I could put this to good use and gave it to me! How very nice of her. :heart This will put me -20. But that's okay. Already looking to make a blanket for the retirement home. 

20180118_193503.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't done anything the last few days. The girls and I are all down with the flu, so this is the first time since Wednesday that I've even sat in front of the computer. So I won't have anything to even report probably.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2018 at 2:08 PM, Inkked0317 said:

I love that the people in my life now see pictures of crochet items they like and send them to me! Today the secretary at my church set me a picture of a crochet basket that looks like an owl. It says it's big enough to hold 3 rolled towels. I just got back from a run to Michael's  (sale plus coupon! ) where I got enough yarn to make 2 baskets for her....but of course there's a hidden surprise because it's made with 4 strands of bulky yarn held together...so I bought 10 skeins of Loops & Threads Charisma for the first basket and 9 for the second  (they only had 9). ...so I'm down 19 skeins at this point. ...now I'm going to order the pattern and get out my big hooks and see how much of this I can make into baskets this week! 

I seen that owl basket.  I can only wish you "Good Luck" making that.  Crocheting tight 4 strands together will not be easy on your hands..:(.

Krys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posting early, will be out and about most of the day. No crocheting :(

WTD -16

Unicorn & Mat RHSS Stripes +2, Wreath RH Nylon 18 +2, Knit Picks Gift -20

 

Howieann - prayers for a speedy recovery.
 

Edited by TexasPurl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have started back making the 3 stand birdnests for Va.Beach wildlife rehabbers,4/50 done

wtd + 18 ytd + 20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh yes my hands have been aching this week making these owl baskets! But I finished both of them so it's done and I don't have to do it any more lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I actually found a YARN SHOP on vacation in Florida!  It’s called Sheep Thrills and it’s in Lauderhill, FL (we’re visiting our friend in Taramac - who thinks we were out of our gourd to visit a yarn shop LOL!).  It’s a fantastic yarn store.  The people are very friendly and helpful.  My partner convinced me to get yarn to make something for myself for a change, so I got 6 skeins of Cascade 220 to make a sweater, so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD -12  YTD -12

:manyheart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like fun, Pam. The few times I get to a real yarn shop, I get overwhelmed by so many choices and can't make a decision about what to get.

WTD +13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well ive not done diddly squat this week.

 

WTD 0

 

KaylaKitsa 

WTD 0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone!!

This week I've gotten a few small projects done during the daytime hours and have continued working on my Baby Hogwarts blanket at night. I had bought 19 skeins (-38) for a pair of owl baskets for our church secretary. I did actually use 18 of those skeins in making the baskets (=36)! I'll be delivering them to her tomorrow at church. I also finished off a Timothy T Rex, using a ball (+1). And now that I'm on the top half of the Baby Hogwarts blanket, there are colors I've finished with so I can count up what I've used..they total up to 4 skeins and 3 balls (+11). I've got a little less than 100 rows left so I should be totally done, including a border within the next two weeks. I'll post a pic when I'm done.

WTD: +10

YTD: +45

I hope everyone has a great week!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday I finally got the craft room more or less organized. I can't believe how much yarn I've accumulated. I've got some bulky bought for a cal blanket that I abandoned and need to find another use for--maybe a few hats for DH. There's a lifetime supply of cotton. I need to make some potholders. I got all the RD, ILTY and Caron SS into their own bins. I need to plan baby blankets with what I have rather than buying any more baby yarn. Part of my problem is seeing a pattern I'd like to try, buying the yarn for it and two years later I still haven't used it because another pattern came up--a cycle I need to break. And really, I thought I gave away all the thread last year--where did all this thread come from?!

So now most of my yarn is corralled into the tiny closet, about 20 plastic boxes of various sizes and some misc baskets and zippered bags. I wish there was some way to have it all listed but I've tried that in the past, on paper and on ravelry and I never got everything on the list to start with and then would forget to delete what I used. So I accept that it's not going to happen and being relatively organized will have to do.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning everybody!  I hope everyone's had a good week, and those who are sick feel better soon!  Here are the scores for this past week: 

Gold Medal Winner:  pineknott:  +18

Silver Medal Winner:  greyhoundgrandma:  +13

Bronze Medal Winner:  Inkked0317:  +10

A few of us are holding steady:  MalissaMeesa:  0

                                                    LegalWoman17:  0

                                                    MadreBug:  0

                                                    HollyzHobbyz:  0

Some of us have been shopping:  howieann:  -4

                                                       PBLKNP:  -12

                                                       TexasPurl:  -16

And our "Shoot the Moon" winner this week:  DebbieCaldwell:  -20

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank heavens...I escaped Shoot the Moon!  I just have to figure out now how to get my new yarn into our carry-on luggage to take home!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, HollyzHobbyz said:

Good morning everybody!  I hope everyone's had a good week, and those who are sick feel better soon!  Here are the scores for this past week: 

Gold Medal Winner:  pineknott:  +18

Silver Medal Winner:  greyhoundgrandma:  +13

Bronze Medal Winner:  Inkked0317:  +10

A few of us are holding steady:  MalissaMeesa:  0

                                                    LegalWoman17:  0

                                                    MadreBug:  0

                                                    HollyzHobbyz:  0

Some of us have been shopping:  howieann:  -4

                                                       PBLKNP:  -12

                                                       TexasPurl:  -16

And our "Shoot the Moon" winner this week:  DebbieCaldwell:  -20

 

Just one correction but it doesn't make any difference in placement. TexasPurl and Debbie are one and the same. She changed her profile name.

Thanks for posting the scores this week even though you didn't shoot the moon last week.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...