Closed--2018 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

Gonna put this here early today. Co-hosting a large family Christmas party today. I'll either be too tired or too tipsy (more likely) to post later. I finished a few more hats this week & best of all, the Treasure boxes are done!

WTD +6

Merry Christmas everyone!

:yay I found my cow pattern ! The pattern was typed old school, no computer (my sis used to do that for me). I started a reindeer last night, hope to get it done before Christmas. Because of Christmas, I'll be working tomorrow, so I only have today off. I'm going to my parents Mon. afternoon and won't get back until Wed.  I haven't used any more :yarn since I was here last time.

WTD: + 2    YTD:  + 138

Ellie 13 

MERRY CHRISTMAS :wreath

Edited by Ellie 13

I’ve FINALLY completed the afghan!  I have to wash it before I take pictures to show.  I’m planning to travel to Fall River, MA next weekend to give it to her in person.

I’m now working on a scarf, but no new skeins used up, so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +0  YTD -58

Hi everyone!! I'm had a sick munchkin this week,  a 2nd kid dealing with new-found food allergies, and I was under the weather myself.  I did, however,  manage to make several more preemie hats and worked on my Trinity Knot blanket a bit more. I've gotten past the really complicated part of the pattern,  so that should go faster now. I did not finish any skeins though!

WTD: 0

YTD: +219

I will be posting the weekly scores after church tomorrow. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and enjoy time with people you love!!! 

20181222_214907.jpg

1 hour ago, darski said:

Interesting pattern. I've never seen anything similar to it.

Edited by greyhoundgrandma

OK we've got three tie scores this week!!

GOLD : greyhoundgrandma and TexasPurl +6

SILVER: Ellie13  and darksi +2

HOLDING STEADY PBLKNP and Inkked0317 0

and no negative scores this week!!!

Is there anyone besides me who is just so completely ready for Wednesday??? Today we went to church and then I had a marathon of baking...an apple pie and a pumpkin pie, 6 dozen sugar cookies, 4 dozen peanut butter blossoms, and a batch of 15 of a new recipe (keto PB cookies for my oldest and I due to her food allergies and my gastric bypass surgery). Then I wrapped all the gifts. I'm so fried.

Tomorrow I have to buy stocking stuffers for the oldest's boyfriend (his first Christmas with us and I completely forgot about him). I also have to wrap ALL the stocking stuffers for 5 people. We're having our holiday meal with my in-laws. Tuesday is Christmas breakfast at home with the addition of the boyfriend and my mom and then presents and relaxing until we go to my aunt's for dessert at 630 pm. Wait that reminds me, I'll have to make another pumpkin pie on Tuesday to take to my aunt's. I just want a day of absolutely no schedule, with nothing that absolutely has to get done RIGHT NOW...sigh....probably doesn't help that most of what I have to do is making a ton of foods that I love but can't eat anymore without getting sick...

Sorry I guess I'm wallowing lol. A good night's sleep and I'll have my Christmas spirit back, I'm sure...

I’m fried, too!  I’ve been baking cookies all afternoon, but STILL don’t have enough for all the people I’m giving them to. Also, we have THREE places to go for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Zzzzzzz... 😱😜

Ditto here! LOL In the kitchen most of the day; friend stopped by to visit; cousin stopped by; 2 hours babysitting the grands turned into 3. Pooped beyond measure. Hopefully a smaller amount of stuff to do before company tomorrow night and family for lunch on Christmas. Definitely looking to be a couch potato Wednesday.

Merry Christmas to all!

I'm in a probably short lull between prepping, setting the table, etc and everyone else getting up. We had a houseful last night and were up late. It'll be just family +1 today for lunch, so a little quieter at least.

• Like 1

Merry Christmas everyone! 

We will have a quiet dinner today. Just me & DH. Had a huge family party on Saturday. My boys & their families will be here Friday for round 2. 

Went to a beautiful candlelight service last night. Went to bed feeling blessed.

• Like 2

Pam, that looks like it takes a lot of yarn.

Christmas is officially over at our house. Everyone has gone home. The carcass is in the trash, the leftovers in the frig. The first load of dishes is running in the dishwasher. And if the neighbor's dog would stop barking I might take a nap.

Merry Christmas everyone ♡♡ 

We did Christmas with my in-laws yesterday,  breakfast and gifts this morning with my mom, all 4 of my girls & my oldest's boyfriend,  relaxed for the afternoon,  I baked ANOTHER pumpkin pie, and we'll be heading to my aunt & uncle's house in about 45 minutes for Christmas with the cousins.  

I was gifted 2 beautiful large skeins of turquoise yarn by my daughter and her sweetheart ♡ 

And Hubs has just informed me that he fully intends on getting up with the kids tomorrow and letting me just sleep until my body wakes me up. I'm an extremely blessed lady ♡.

• Like 1