Closed--2018 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

3 hours ago, TexasPurl said:

Looks as though I'll be the Shoot the Moon Queen this week again. I may need an intervention.:bang

But they're so pretty! :rose 15 new balls of thread. -30 

20181120_170342.thumb.jpg.19aef036ce03755f880ac0b2fe4b0cdc.jpg

sooooo lovely.  think of all the joy of winning those points back with that thread

• Like 1

I was looking for Christmas stuff and found 5 stockings left from last year so I'll only have to make 3 more. I have to finish a scarf and 2 hats by next Mon. I didn't use any :yarn this week, but I got a skein with a hat request (- 2) I'm going to my parent's for Thanks Giving, so I'll :crocheting on the way to and from there. I'll post again if I get any points before Sat.

WTD: 0  YTD:  +130

Ellie 13      :tdance   HAPPY THANKS GIVING !!  :ttalk

7 hours ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

Happy Thanksgiving! Hope everyone has a good day!

Happy Thanksgiving to you & yours as well! Been on the road all day. We'll be enjoying our big get together tomorrow. Blessings to everyone. 

Good morning! Thought I'd post my Foto Friday before I get busy in the kitchen. We have a house full for today's festivities! 💖 I finished my Malia Shoulder Bag. I was going to line it, but that was a total fail. I'm just not a very good seamstress. Love it any way.

Have a great day everyone!

20181122_170950_medium2.jpg.eb76b8c9313b8db2b8572fe140ae7cf1.jpg

• Like 1

I'm at my parents, got here yesterday. going home tomorrow. My SIS, BIL, BRO and BRO's BFF were here too. The others left so it's just me and my parents now. We had a lot of food left, so it's turkey sandwiches for lunch :lol . I did some :crocheting on the trip down, should finish the skein by tonight. I should have 2 hats done by the time I get home. I have to finish a scarf and make as many hats as I can by Mon. I have an order for 2 snowmen and a penguin by mid Dec. Guess I'll be staying in and :crocheting Sun. I'm updating my photo album of things I designed, so I had pics taken of my elephant, turkey and both pocket prayer shawls (Christian and Jewish). I'll add to my score later, but for now   WTD: 0  YTD: 130

Ellie 13

• Like 1

My Foto Friday

these two dresses were made with the same pattern but one used a WW (Lite) yarn with a 4mm hook and the Pink is made with SW yarn and a 4.5mm hook.  It is always interesting to see what hooks and yarn do for a pattern

bon011.jpg.40cf21c60f71e334daf9933b33569531.jpg

• Like 1

I finished the hat request, didn't use the whole skein though. I was told to keep any extra :yarn. Only about 1/4 left, so I rolled it down (+ 1). I might use it for a hat band on another hat. I have to leave in 30 mins (+/-), so I should pack up my suitcase now.

WTD: + 1   YTD: +  131

Ellie 13

• Like 1

Well, after a crazy, anxiety laden Thanksgiving get together yesterday, everyone has gone and it's quiet once again here. My oven quit working right in the middle of the craziness. Luckily, we have 2 chefs in the family and they sprang into action. Thank goodness for nice weather, a gas grill & an electric smoker. We all ate well. Have you ever had sweet potato casserole or stuffing from the grill before? Well, it's delicious. lol

Not enough stitching done this week, but the visits from loved ones were well worth it.

WTD -30 / YTD -127

Have a great week everyone!

• Like 1

Debbie, I'm glad it all worked out. I have a friend who has even baked a pie on the grill. It's surprising what is possible.

I got lucky today. Mary Maxim is having a 99 cent download sale and I found the cars blanket pattern that I bought as a kit. I want to make it again but haven't talked myself into looking through all the patterns I have in multiple locations to find it. Maybe I need a pattern intervention. LOL

WTD +4    YTD +91

• Like 2

Hi everyone!! We had a very nice Thanksgiving, followed by a Friendsgiving last night. Everything was great until my oldest had another random allergic reaction and needed to go to the ER. That makes 7 in the past 7 months...6 since we got home after Hurrican Florence. It's horrid knowing that basically every time she eats, there's a chance we're going to have to get her to the hospital and I'm just praying we get some answers soon.

Surprisingly, even with the holiday prep, I was able to get a little bit of crochet in nearly every day and was able to complete a baby blanket for a little one due in December. I finished it up yesterday, but don't have a picture for it. Total yarn used on this is 2 skeins and 3 balls.

WTD: +7

YTD: +193

Now I'm going to be working on another test pattern of an owl baby blanket and a matching stuffie which will be for my newest cousin who is due in February💕 And I'm thinking we'll be getting the Christmas decorations up today, to cheer up my poor allergic kid...

Scores for the week ending 11/24/2018:

🥇 Gold Medal Winner: Inkked0317  +7

🥈 Silver Medal Winner: greyhoundgrandma  +4

🥉 Bronze Medal Winner: PBLKNP  +2

Making progress: Ellie 13  +1

Holding steady: darski  0

🚀Shoot the Moon Winner: TexasPurl -30

Have a great week everyone!

YTD scores for the end of November:

Gold Medal Winner: Inkked0317 +193

Silver Medal Winner: darski +148

Bronze Medal Winner: Ellie 13 +131

greyhoundgrandma +91

PBLKNP -62

November's Shoot the Moon Winner: TexasPurl -127

• Like 1

Foto Friday

I find it so interesting to see how your chosen stitch affects a variegated yarn.  I used hdc mesh for the 2nd blankie and it made a polka dot effect while the granny creates more of a wave effect.  Life is never boring.

bon012.jpg.6f518815fbec4084a9d577785950fdc2.jpg

I got 4 skeins at Walmart for a -8  but I'll wait until tomorrow to post in case I can finish 1 skein at least.

• Like 1

darski - your blankets look so pretty. I love using variegated in tunisian crochet. Another completely different look.

Foto Friday - my family let me know they all wanted new beanies in their stockings this year. Wish they would have told me in July. 4 down, 7 to go & my grandson wants a Lego scarf. What 6 yo wants a scarf?!? They're all knitted so far. Using stash any way I can. Used 2 skeins, rolled 1 ball & bought 2 skeins. so far, +1

20181130_135100.jpg

• Like 1