Closed--2018 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

I am so very sorry!!!! I ended up in the ER yesterday with my oldest having an allergic reaction. I completely spaced on doing the weekly scores. Thank you for tallying them!

This morning the kids & I had to drive Hubs to the airport and send him off with the Army for a week.  4 hours round trip. And now I'm at urgent care with my oldest (yup, same kid) because she just told me her arm & wrist have been hurting since she fell down the stairs about 10 days ago so we're going to get some x-rays done. Crazy day.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, darski said:

My Foto Friday for this week...

pony1.jpg.3f69a6ee019e0c7f705380d9eae2889f.jpg

I remember making ponytail hats 10 years ago and now they are back in a big way

I'd never made any ponytail hats until this last week--I got 5 orders for them at our last crafts show on November 3rd!

I spent this week making a hat - with some yarn left over so I started another hat but had to use another skein to finish the hat and then  had some left over and so on and so on.  The upshot being that I finished 4 skeins this way.

WTD + 8

• Like 1

On Halloween I collected canned goods for the food pantry and took them to the church on Sun. There was 2 baskets of :yarn with a free sign. I took 2 small skeins (- 4). I made the 2 stuffed turkeys and had enough multi brown left for some pins. I made 27 turkey pins, started a hat with the free :yarn and finished a skein on a scarf. I used a skein (+ 2), 4 small balls (+ 4) and 1/3 skein (+ 1) :cheer .  So, 2 + 4 + 1 - 4 = 3 (I did it this way so I wouldn't mess up again :lol ). I have to finish the hat and another scarf by the 26th. Then I'll be starting the Christmas stuff.

WTD + 3  YTD: + 130

Ellie 13

Edited by Ellie 13
  • Like 1

Finished the Purple Rose - it'll be going out Monday!

20181117_110125.thumb.jpg.d769eaaa3c5658e9168768277f69cda5.jpg

I used another small skein on the handbag I have in progress. Then we went on a quick day trip Sunday. I stopped at 2 LYS looking for #20 thread in different shades of green. No luck. But darn if one shop didn't have a nice little clearance section. I bought some baby bamboo that was just too pretty to pass up.

WTD -6

Have a blessed Thanksgiving with those you love!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TexasPurl said:

I used another small skein on the handbag I have in progress. Then we went on a quick day trip Sunday. I stopped at 2 LYS looking for #20 thread in different shades of green. No luck. But darn if one shop didn't have a nice little clearance section. I bought some baby bamboo that was just too pretty to pass up.

WTD -6

You have no idea how much I envy you your ability to create such beauty with thread.

• Like 1

The good news is that I FINALLY finished sewing the squares and weaving all the ends in for my afghan!  I’m now working on the border, but no skeins used up yet, so:

WTD = +0 and YTD = -64

😎

Hi all. I should have taken the start of my week as an indicator of what was to come. Unfortunately I had to take our sweet 11 yr old pup to the vet on Thursday and let her go.  It's been a really rough week. I've kind of hidden from the world because of it.

But I've managed to get a lot of crochet done this week,  so that's good. I finished up my giraffe tester pattern AND finished the Myriad CAL. I've also started & got about halfway through a baby blanket for a couple at church.  All told, I've used up 5 balls and 5 skeins this week. 

WTD: +15

YTD: +186

20181117_213558.jpg

20181111_154656.jpg

Scores for the week ending 11/17/18:

Gold Medal Winner: Inkked0317 +15

Silver Medal Winner: greyhoundgrandma +12

Bronze Medal Winner: darski +8

Ellie 13 +3

PBLKNP 0

Shoot the Moon Winner: TexasPurl -6

Edited by greyhoundgrandma
  • Thanks 1

On 11/17/2018 at 12:23 PM, TexasPurl said:

WTD -6

Do you have the pattern for this rose--or the place to get it?  Thanks.

14 hours ago, Avon Lady said:

Do you have the pattern for this rose--or the place to get it?  Thanks.

Hi Collette - There's no written pattern for the rose I make. I can direct you to a video (She's Crafty). Her petals are somewhat the same as mine. I use #10 thread. The leaves & sepals are my own.