Closed--2018 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

1 hour ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

The first Mary Maxim order arrived--4 cones of cotton......-8.

Mona, what's your plan for so much cotton? Not that you particularly need a plan. 😊 I seldom do when purchasing yarn (or anything).

14 hours ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

It's three kits. The two lacy cardigan kits came with one cone each and the tunic kit has two cones. It's a smaller weight yarn--#2 fine--than I usually use, so I hope I don't regret getting them.

Sounds like enough to keep you busy for awhile. Please share your progress. Would love to see them!

Hi everyone!!

This week I caught up on my Myriad CAL blanket...started and completed parts 9 through 12 and now I'm ready for when part 13 comes out on Thursday. I finished 3 skeins with this (+6). I'm now down to a single WIP! A giraffe graphghan that I'm testing. I'm at row 52 out of 200 and that's going to be my focus for the next week.

WTD: +6

YTD: +199

44821356_484088702112430_3688065271496441856_n.jpg

• Like 1

My scores for the week:

WTD = 0, YTD = -62

I’m STILL seeing together squares and weaving in TONS of ends! My friends keep laughing at me, asking when on earth I’m going to be done! 

I was so proud of myself, thinking I was down to just my Myriad CAL and a pattern I'm testing...no other WIPs. Then I realized I've got 6 babies to make welcome gifts for! The first is due right after Christmas. I didn't even have patterns picked out. So....today I picked patterns, made a materials list, checked what I have in my stash, and made my shopping list. I'll be going to Michael's once my littles are down for the night....I'm expecting to get about 20 skeins though...and BONUS Michael's is having a yarn sale right now!

Foto Friday...

getting ready for next year's toy drive so I'm working on some dolly blouses. 

these are all started with the same pattern but then adapted in some way.  SW yarn and a 4.5mm hook.

blouses.jpg.b5749bc4f00efd42b4600555123ffa27.jpg

Edited by darski
  • Like 1

Mona - the crochet is the easy part. It's not really a pattern I stick to, so I kinda work each petal & leaf as I see fit. The assembly can be  difficult only because I get wires crossed and hot glue everywhere but the place it needs to be. 

I had a good week, just not a lot of yarn or thread used.

WTD +4

Have a great week everyone!