Closed--2018 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

My Mary Maxim order came in. It was supposed to be 8 skeins of Fresh yarn, 4 each in two different colors. But what shipped was 4 in one color and 4 skeins of their baby yarn. I called and they are going to ship the other 4 Fresh skeins and told me to keep the baby yarn. I guess that's cheaper than the postage to get it back. So -16 now with another -8 hanging over my head. LOL

• Like 1

15 hours ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

My Mary Maxim order came in. It was supposed to be 8 skeins of Fresh yarn, 4 each in two different colors. But what shipped was 4 in one color and 4 skeins of their baby yarn. I called and they are going to ship the other 4 Fresh skeins and told me to keep the baby yarn. I guess that's cheaper than the postage to get it back. So -16 now with another -8 hanging over my head. LOL

It's a score as long as you can find a use for the baby yarn I suppose.  

Yeah, I have baby yarn in my stash, but you can always use it. It's white so will be easy to mix with other colors if it's not enough for a whole blanket.

I've kind of lost my crochet mojo. I need to get back to the girl's princess blankets but I'm on the put together and accents on one and the bodice of the other-- my least favorite parts of the patterns. Just got to make myself sit down and do it. Lol

On 9/30/2018 at 9:23 AM, Ellie 13 said:

Most church fairs I've been to the people get a folding card table (square), or they bring one. The spaces are probably 6X6 and they are very close to other tables (8 -10 in. apart). I don't know how much they pay for it. But if you have enough things and think you can make $150 - $200, it would be worth it. Holliday items are very good seller in Nov.

Ellie 13

• Like 1

4 hours ago, darski said:

I've been a very, very bad girl... got 5 pounders and 5 skeins :2nono

I'll wait for Saturday to post that -20 just in case I can finish a skein on the scarves I am making

Oh, but Darski--those pounders are such a good buy, and the 5 skeins are probably exquisite colors!!!  So you've been a very very GOOD girl!!

• Like 1

FOTO Friday - My "Elements" Hotpad. I used pearl cotton #5 & only the 1st 2 weeks of the pattern from the CAL. Backed it with #3 cotton thread. It's a gorgeous free pattern from Sandra Justdoitplz. It measures 8" x 8".

20181004_200907.thumb.jpg.48417d1c1e9c8708bea1e0301ad4ac4c.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TexasPurl said:

FOTO Friday - My "Elements" Hotpad. I used pearl cotton #5 & only the 1st 2 weeks of the pattern from the CAL. Backed it with #3 cotton thread. It's a gorgeous free pattern from Sandra Justdoitplz. It measures 8" x 8".

20181004_200907.thumb.jpg.48417d1c1e9c8708bea1e0301ad4ac4c.jpg

I love this.  excellent work. :manyheart  Have seen it on Pinterest and been tempted :sigh

My Foto Friday...

I did make the coiling colours cowl but it didn't quite work out as well as I'd hoped.  I have never seen WW cotton Mandala yarn in my little corner of Canada so I used acrylic.. I might wear it about once to see if people like or hate it :rofl

the good news is that I did finish a skein between this and a hat I am making to go with.

coiling.jpg.5db49fd0d17d7c5c15fd59a65546181d.jpg

Thanks Mona & Darski! I love the colors in the cowl Darski...you should definitely wear it. 

So proud of myself, went to Tuesday Morning for some towels. They had some scrumptious yarn on clearance. I paid for my towels & left. Someone else will have to rescue that yarn.

Edited by TexasPurl

I went to Michael's this morning and got 1 skein Impeccable green (- 2),  googlie eyes, pin backs and buttons. I finished a teen/young adult hat and scarf set,10 pumpkin pins, 8 spider pins and started a purple pig. For the hat/scarf set I used a skein of multi red/pink/white colored bulky fuzzy yarn (like a pipe cleaner without the wire). I got it from the knit/crochet group, I didn't know what it was, but I liked it. I used 3 balls in green, orange and black on the pins (+ 5). The pumpkin pins only use a couple of inches, but with Christmas coming, I should be able to use the extra green.

WTD:  + 3   YTD:  + 123

Ellie 13

• Like 1

Making slow but steady progress with the afghan!  I’ve got about 10 more squares to go before I sew them together and do the border.  I just managed to use up another skein, so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +2  YTD -64

😄

• Like 1

Hi everyone!!

This week I was working on a new CAL from the Crochet Graph Lobby Facebook group. The group just celebrated their 2nd anniversary and the moderators decided to release a Birthday Bingo CAL. Everyone was given the first block to work on, then people post pictures of their completed block and ask for the next one they want to work on. There are prizes for the first 3 people who get a Bingo (5 completed blocks) and a grand prize for the first person who makes a complete blanket of 9 blocks and a banner all put together. I actually won the first Bingo prize because I was the first person to complete 5 blocks! I was given a $25 Joann's gift card as my prize! So over this week I used up 3 skeins and 5 balls (+11) and I bought 2 skeins of the background color just in case (-4). I'm currently nearly done with block 6 and I'm aiming to try and win the grand prize this week 😁

WTD: +7

YTD: +188

20181005_210516.jpg

• Like 1

WTD scores for the week ending 10/06/2018:

🥇 Gold Medal Winner: TexasPurl  +8

🥈 Silver Medal Winner: Inkked0307  +7

🥉 Bronze Medal Winner: Ellie 13  +3

Making progress: PBLKNP  +2

Been shopping: greyhoundgrandma  -16

Shoot the Moon Winner: darski  -18

Have a great week everyone!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

My replacement yarn came in today....-8. We're headed out tomorrow to a state park in AR for the weekend. I hope I'll have time to play with the small skeins I'm taking along.

Have fun & find yourself a quiet place under a big tree to play with that yarn!

Foto Friday

I have this pattern written but need to finish the blankie and get a great pic.  I'm going to post this in Boxing day as well as the pattern could be useful for the toy donations.

easy02.thumb.jpg.4ea6757c2d7b5744bc9938f9c65f6b53.jpg

• Like 1