Closed--2018 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

Hi all.   Donna has asked me to let everyone know that she is in the midst of evacuating because of the hurricane.  She said she will work on tweaking some things from the software update when she can. 

Sending hugs and prayers to Donna and those in the path of Florence.

Hi everyone! We were 4 hours inland when the hurricane hit, but we live about 20 minutes from New Bern, NC. I'm sure you've all seen New Bern mentioned in the storm updates. Thankfully, some local friends who stayed were able to check on our house this morning, and our home has gotten through intact with no flooding nearby. The water is still rising and will be for several days. I have no idea when I'll be able to get home again. I'm stressed, but we are all together and safe, so I'm trying to focus on the positive.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Inkked0317 said:

Hi everyone! We were 4 hours inland when the hurricane hit, but we live about 20 minutes from New Bern, NC. I'm sure you've all seen New Bern mentioned in the storm updates. Thankfully, some local friends who stayed were able to check on our house this morning, and our home has gotten through intact with no flooding nearby. The water is still rising and will be for several days. I have no idea when I'll be able to get home again. I'm stressed, but we are all together and safe, so I'm trying to focus on the positive.

I am so sorry you have to go thru this. (((hugs)))

I missed Foto Friday but I wanted tho share this Not Yarn pic with you all.  It is not yarn because it is just a photo prop for my doll stuff :rofl

1210600050_noyarn.jpg.2f8401654590557f15a43d8cb98e78d9.jpg

I keep crocheting from pounders so once again I am at WTD = 0

• Like 1

Jessie - so happy y'all are safe. Will keep the prayers going!

Those are the cutest mini skeins Darksi!

I needed simple & easy this week. Played with thread a bit more. I used 1 skein of Sugar n' Cream on 2 sets of coasters.

WTD +2

Have a great week everyone! 

20180915_075841.thumb.jpg.920d5e682b4155fb814226d24e071de8.jpg

• Like 2

Well, I THOUGHT I was going to have a positive score, as I used up a skein crocheting the afghan I’m making for my niece, but THEN...Windsor, CT just got themselves a new yarn shop!  It’s called Ewe & You Fiber Arts.  I went to the grand opening, which was very exciting!  I ended up buying a beautiful skein of yarn, so:

WTD = 0

😱

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TexasPurl said:

Jessie - so happy y'all are safe. Will keep the prayers going!

Those are the cutest mini skeins Darksi!

I needed simple & easy this week. Played with thread a bit more. I used 1 skein of Sugar n' Cream on 2 sets of coasters.

WTD +2

20180915_075841.thumb.jpg.920d5e682b4155fb814226d24e071de8.jpg

I love those coasters.  so cheerful

Posting weekly scores for Inkked0317 (Jessie) for the week ending 09/15/2018.

Sending prayers to those displaced & affected by the storm. 🙏

Gold Medal Winner: TexasPurl +2

Crocheting but nothing to count yet:

PBLKNP

darski

Shoot the Moon Winner: greyhoundgrandma -56

Hi everyone! Just checking in. We actually got home today! I did get a little crochet done over the past week but i don't have my info handy so I'll just add it in with this week....

We have been so blessed throughout this entire thing! We had a safe free place to ride out the storm. We had time to get all the important stuff packed before we left.  We got home without any incident even though there were flood warnings everywhere.  We got an inexpensive beautiful big hotel room in a town that was supposedly completely booked...and it only took 2 phone calls! When we left this morning,  we found a gas station with no lines, plenty of gas to fill both vehicles, again in a town where everything was either sold out or had crazy long lines. We got all the way home through roads that were flooded yesterday and are expected to flood again in the next day or two....and as a final blessing,  my daughter's boyfriend was with us the whole time and had left his car at our house. He apparently left the inside dome light on in his car when we left on Wednesday morning. This afternoon,  he started his car without any problems to get to work. I simply cannot express how incredibly happy I am right now. 

We are expecting to get power back in the next day or so....could be an hour. Could be next week lol. I'm just gonna play with my yarn and enjoy the time w my family ♡

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Inkked0317 said:

Hi everyone! Just checking in. We actually got home today! I did get a little crochet done over the past week but i don't have my info handy so I'll just add it in with this week....

We have been so blessed throughout this entire thing! We had a safe free place to ride out the storm. We had time to get all the important stuff packed before we left.  We got home without any incident even though there were flood warnings everywhere.  We got an inexpensive beautiful big hotel room in a town that was supposedly completely booked...and it only took 2 phone calls! When we left this morning,  we found a gas station with no lines, plenty of gas to fill both vehicles, again in a town where everything was either sold out or had crazy long lines. We got all the way home through roads that were flooded yesterday and are expected to flood again in the next day or two....and as a final blessing,  my daughter's boyfriend was with us the whole time and had left his car at our house. He apparently left the inside dome light on in his car when we left on Wednesday morning. This afternoon,  he started his car without any problems to get to work. I simply cannot express how incredibly happy I am right now. 

We are expecting to get power back in the next day or so....could be an hour. Could be next week lol. I'm just gonna play with my yarn and enjoy the time w my family ♡

so happy to hear this... you have been blessed indeed

• Like 1

I was so on a roll to have a good week. Then I walked down the clearance aisle at Walmart this morning. The Wool-Ease was marked $1.50 each & the thread was 50¢ each! Already have a hat on the needles with the Wool-Ease.

20180921_141306.thumb.jpg.4633f21f07ba7447cb52ab8b7add14c9.jpg

Edited by TexasPurl
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TexasPurl said:

I was so on a roll to have a good week. Then I walked down the clearance aisle at Walmart this morning. The Wool-Ease was marked $1.50 each & the thread was 50¢ each! Already have a hat on the needles with the Wool-Ease.

20180921_141306.thumb.jpg.4633f21f07ba7447cb52ab8b7add14c9.jpg

congratulations on your finds :manyheart

• Like 1

I had a productive week but offset it with that trip to Walmart. That's okay though. I completed 2 little angels and a Friendship rose. Still a good week!

Happy Fall Y'all or if you're in the south...welcome to Summer Part II

WTD -4

20180916_100125.thumb.jpg.e6dcb31f550a1ec7ce5adf6f0e22e239.jpg

20180922_164633.jpg