Closed--2018 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

Hi everyone! This week I made a shawl as a gift for my friend's daughter who has just found out she's expecting a baby girl. I remember it was always cold during those 2 am feeding times and using a shawl helped me keep my upper half warm while feeding the baby lol. I used 2 skeins and a ball (+5) on this. I've also started a blanket using Mandala yarn and a pattern called As Time Goes By...haven't used up a skein yet on that though. 

WTD: +5

YTD: +178

I'll update my signature the next time I'm on my laptop ♡

Scores for the week ending 7/21/18:

Gold Medal Winner: greyhoundgrandma +9

Silver Medal Winner: pineknott +8

Bronze Medal Winner: Inkked0317 +5

darski +2

PBLKNP 0

Shoot the Moon Winner: TexasPurl -6

• Like 1

I have not been here since Feb. :eek . I'm going to start all over because I lost count of my :yarn (got/gave/used, I can find my YTD though). So I'll start this week with 0. I'm at the library. Every other Mon. the knit/crochet group meets here at 6 PM to work on things for charity. I brought a big bag of :yarn and my hook so maybe I'll have points by Sat. I'll try to get here more often.

WTD:   0   YTD: + 74

Ellie 13

Edited by Ellie 13
  • Like 1

I suppose I get a +6 this week only because of my clumsiness. I spilled a full cup of soda into the bin I use to keep my thread tamed. What a sticky mess. Straight into the trash! Ugg!!

:bang  😡😭

37786593_10157622563598242_3589276694361407488_o.jpg

Edited by TexasPurl

Oh no, and such pretty colors too!

I finished a baby blanket and used up a skein. I couldn't believe my luck, ended the round with about 12" of yarn. That's cutting it too close for my comfort.  +2

I've started on a lap throw for the nursing home.

Reminder: This is the last full week of the month, so please  post both your WTD and YTD scores on Saturday.

I finished a skein in the lap throw...+2   = +4

Used up a ball...+1  = +5

Edited by greyhoundgrandma

Last Mon. I joined the knit/crochet group. They have cabinet in the meeting room at the library where we can exchange :yarn. After we finished for the night, I added 6 skeins and 2 balls (+ 14 :cheer) then  I took 2 small skeins that came with a kit (2 oz. ?) and 1 regular (- 6 :sigh). Wed. a friend gave me 4 Sugar & Cream and 2 large balls of cotton (- 12 :angry) During the week I made 2 preemie hats and 4 potholders. I used the 2 small skeins and the 4 cotton balls (+ 12 :yay ). I also worked on a C2C baby afghan, but didn't use any :yarn.

WTD: + 8  YTD: + 82

Ellie 13

Edited by Ellie 13
  • Like 2

Hi everyone!!

I had a very productive crochet week! I was asked to make an octopus from an etsy pattern for a gift, so I bought the yarn for that (-8) and used 4 balls of it (+4). I discovered Polly Plum's designs and made the extended version of her As Time Goes By square into a baby blanket and used a skein and a ball (+3). I added a hat and a jacket to complete the set, using 2 more balls (+2). I also started the new Something Magic CAL that just began this Tuesday. Haven't finished anything with that yet but it's just the first of 8 or 9 sections. And I also reorganized and reinventoried my stash...pulled everything that I have less than a full skein of to make a scrap blanket from. I've used up 7 balls on that so far (+7).

WTD: +8

YTD: +186

I have to say, I've been spoiled by only working on CALs that have already been completed! This is the first one I've done as it was released and the waiting is driving me crazy lol

37814086_2183059485311133_675263678924193792_n.jpg

37904262_2183071205309961_6669523648736395264_n.jpg

20180723_190744.jpg

• Like 1

I love all your projects, Jessie! Especially the baby blanket.

Glad you were able to save the thread, Debbie!

I almost finished another skein, but didn't quite make it, so....

WTD + 5      YTD  +240

I missed Foto Friday, but here's the baby blanket I finished this week:

yellow baby blanket.jpg

• Like 2