Closed--2018 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

Darski - At least you used that skein!

WooHoo, I've got positive numbers across the board (for now). I finished up a blanket & used a couple skeins on the tunic. Whew!

WTD +24  YTD +4 

Y'all have a great week!

Edited by TexasPurl

Well, I finally counted the Herrschners shipment for the Norwegian Star Afghan:

Stashbuster Total: WTD -22  YTD -68

:yay

6E7A897E-4E87-44F5-86F9-508135C3DAF7.jpeg

Edited by PBLKNP
Added picture.
  • Like 1

Pam, that's going to be pretty! I wouldn't want to be the one putting it together. LOL

I finished the lap throw and started on a shawl while finishing off 3 skeins and 6 balls.

WTD +12

• Like 1

Yes, it’s going to be ugly sewing together all the pieces, but I love my niece!  She’s thrilled I’m going to be making this for her.  

Hi everyone! This week I used up a skein and a ball finishing a drawstring bag with a logo on one side from an xbox game. I've got a few projects planned now so hopefully I'll start hooking more soon!

WTD:+3

Scores for the week ending 7/7/18:

Gold Medal Winner: Texas Purl +24

Silver Medal Winner: greyhoundgrandma +12

Bronze Medal Winner: pineknott +7

Inkked0317 +3

darski 0

Shoot the Moon Winner: PBLKNP -22

• Like 1

I seem to recall an old tradition of the CAL forum... we had Foto Friday where we would share a pic f what we were working on.  we were not limited to Fridays but it was a nice event for the weeks  In memory of that event I'm posting this pic of the set that (so far) has used up 3 skeins of this yarn. 

Could we consider restoring Foto Friday?  just a thought.

green01.jpg.a218399c2405d174cc13f79f5cf7dd01.jpg

and BTW WTD +2

• Like 3

I think Foto Friday is a great idea. I tend to just not get around to posting pictures but I sure enjoy seeing all the ones that are posted.

That's a very pretty set. I love the pattern of the blanket.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

I made a shawl to go to the local nursing home. Used one full skein, finished off 2 partial skeins, and used up two balls.....+8.

I finnd that I really miss making shawls... they are so pretty/handsone and so useful for seniors.

23 hours ago, PBLKNP said:

That’s really wonderful!  I always get a lot of satisfaction from crafting for charity. 

In the 11 years since I started our Froggers Crochet Club, we've taken almost 200 shawls to our local Hospice, and sent off about the same amount of lapghans to various Veterans' Hospitals!  And--yes!--I AM bragging!!! I'm VERY proud of my "girls" (The youngest of my girls is 66 :P !!! We all were very glad to find an outlet for our crochet--when we started in 2010--we all had enough afghans of our own and our families were getting tired of getting them for every birthday and Christmas!!  And we've gotten so many kind thank you cards from various recipients--it's really been a blessing!!!

• Like 1

@ Collette...this is def bragging territory.  It is knowing that so many people have improved lives - by beauty if nothing else- that keeps me crocheting  good on you (((hugs)))

That's sure something to brag about! Sounds like a great group.

I was glad to find out they needed some because I was to that same point with family. I had contacted the local veterans home a few years ago and they weren't interested. I frequently see shawl patterns I would like to try, but how many shawls does a person need. Lol Now I can try them.

Used up a partial skein...+2  =  +10

Edited by greyhoundgrandma

Yay finished the tunic. Now to work in the ends and block it.Next project is in thread. Very slow going next week. I'm experimenting with continuous motifs. We shall see how that progresses.

WTD +10 / YTD +14

Have a great week!

I’ll be posting the scores around Noon tomorrow.  So far, I have 0 for a score, but I may use up a skein this evening.  Not sure! 

• Like 1

Stashbuster totals for July 14

Gold Medal Winner!  A tie!  greyhoundgrandma  +10 and TexasPurl  +10

Silver Medal Winner!  darski  +2

Holding Steady  PBLKNP  0

NO SHOOT THE MOON!!!   

Great job, all!  Enjoy the yarn and keep on hooking!

• Like 1