Closed--2018 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

I seem to have found a never ending skein... I keep making hats and it is still hanging on. 

Probably because I used it to finish a hat started from the last skein so this seem like forever :sigh 

came to the end of that supposedly never-ending skein and another one as well so that's +4 to my + 116 =

WTD  +120  YTD +144

this will likely never happen again so I'm just going to do my celebratory happy dance while I can. :elle

Yay! darski! Pretty sure I'll never see those kind of numbers. My kids will when they have to find a home for all of it (insert evil laughter). 

I'm still working on projects but haven't completed a skein or even a ball yet.

WTD 0

I just took a wheel spinning class today at Webs!  While I really was the worst one in class, creating nothing but one pathetic lumpy skein...it was in fact a skein, so:

WTD  -2

• Like 1

Scores for the week ending 6\16\18:

Gold Medal Winner: darski +120

Silver Medal Winner: pineknott +5

Bronze Medal Winner: greyhoundgrandma +2

howieann +1

TexasPurl 0

Shoot the Moon Winner: PBLKNP -2

It was fun!  According to my bud who spins, it does take quite a while to get good at it.  She assures me that my first attempt itsn’t TOO terrible!  LOL... :D  I’d like to try a drop spindle class, to see if that might be any easier for me.  At least the drop spindle is cheaper than a spinning wheel.  I checked out the wheels on the floor at the store where I took the class, and was aghast to find out the cheapest was $680!  

I will make a note to do the totals next week! 

Hi everyone! I feel like I've been MIA for a while

Little funny to share....my daughter's boyfriend was helping at the house a couple days ago. He apparently came across the multiple storage bins of yarn...he said "Wow Jess, I know you'd said you had a bunch of yarn, but you should just be banned from yarn shopping!!! That's SO MUCH YARN!!" lol and then I got to see him eyes bug out when I told him about this challenge group and how well I did last year....he couldn't imagine that my stash used to be even bigger :lol

Tonight my plan is to head out to the garage (where all my stash is currently housed) and pull yarn to ship off to my neice. She's making charity scarves so I figured I'd save her some money on the materials. I'm also going to pull yarn for a project. I haven't worked on an actual project since my surgery two months ago. I need to get back into making things! I miss my cro-jo there's just been so much going on lately!

• Like 2

Jessie, sometimes life really gets in the way. Glad you're able to get back to some crocheting.

Debbie, I'm always so impressed with people who can design projects. I'm strictly a by the pattern crafter.

• Like 2

I've used one skein so far this week and found a new home for 9 more....+20.

Just finished another one...+2   = +22.

I'm on the final stretch of the woodland blanket.

Edited by greyhoundgrandma
  • Like 2

Sounds like a lot of fun, Debbie!

I'm down to the last two color stripes on the woodland afghan and used up 3 more skeins....+6.......=+28

I finished the woodland blanket--except for weaving in the ends--and 2 more skeins...+4, so.....

WTD +32

Edited by greyhoundgrandma
  • Like 2

oh - thought I had posted the skein I finished earlier in the week and now I have finished another one .  This one is a 5oz skein - moving up in the world.

WTD +4  YTD +148

Been on the road for 2 days. Good to be back home. Ended the week in the negative column, but it was worth it. Tomorrow, I HAVE to clean my house, then I'm sitting in my chair and crocheting for the rest of the day. 

WTD -10 / YTD -26

Have a great week everyone! I'll probably have to post scores next week. :)

I’m a big 0 for this week, as I didn’t buy anything, but didn’t use up anything. I’m still working on my tree skirt. 

I’m probably going to post the scores in the afternoon. 

• Like 1

Hi everyone!! I actually got some hooking done this week!

First, I pulled a bunch of yarn for my niece, who is making kid's scarves for charity. I mailed off 13 skeins and 15 balls to her (+41). I also made my first Kawaii cuddler from 3amgrace, the mermaid, and used 4 balls (+4) on that. Then today I got a really good start on a graph project for one of the kids at church. He really likes some Xbox game and I found a graph for the logo, so I'm making him a drawstring bag for him. I've used 3 balls (+3) so far.

WTD: +48

YTD: +168

It feels so good to be working on my projects again! I've been so distracted with all these big things going on that my crafting has fallen by the wayside.