Closed--2018 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

with a bunch of hats and a dolly blankie I have manged to finish 3 skeins.  :clap Ok they are just 3.5oz skeins but a skein is a skein :rofl

WTD +8

done.jpg.e7d10996c82d42a2cac08cbce7a91247.jpg

Edited by darski
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TexasPurl said:

Finished a cake of Mandala today! Feels like forever since I finished an entire cake/skein. +2

Good for you.  I find those skeins seem to go on forever.  I use larger skeins but those 'seem' to go on.

• Like 1

The past week and a half has been insane and I never posted last Saturday, so I'm just going to update my signature to reflect the two balls I used up on a scrap blanket.

I've been sick this week and finishing up the work here at the house before we go to apply for the loan on Friday, so I haven't touched yarn or hook at all. Going through fiber withdrawals lol. And Hubs is prepparing to head out with the Army for the next 3 weeks, so all in all it's been a stressful week...

Please send prayers/good vibes/positive energy my way Friday morning. Getting this loan would mean my mom could come live with us and we all REALLY want that to happen, ASAP. Thanks in advance.:manyheart

• Like 1

Darski, those are all pretty! 

Debbie, I have a couple of cakes but haven't tried them yet. Glad you got through with it.

Jessie, good luck with the loan! Sounds like a really busy time for you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Inkked0317 said:

Please send prayers/good vibes/positive energy my way Friday morning. Getting this loan would mean my mom could come live with us and we all REALLY want that to happen, ASAP. Thanks in advance.:manyheart

Will keep you in prayer.  May God bless you and yours. :hug

Jessie, I hope all  goes well with the loan. Prayers sent!

I finally finished a WIP with that Mandala yarn. With 1/2 a cake left. Rolled that up and can add +1 to the tally.

It's a free pattern called Erigeneia.It must be wishful thoughts for cooler weather. I wasn't sure if I would keep it since I'm not really the shawl type. But once I wrapped up in it...well, sorry not sorry, I'm keeping it.

20180608.jpg

Edited by TexasPurl
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, TexasPurl said:

I finally finished a WIP with that Mandala yarn. With 1/2 a cake left. Rolled that up and can add +1 to the tally.

It's a free pattern called Erigeneia.It must be wishful thoughts for cooler weather. I wasn't sure if I would keep it since I'm not really the shawl type. But once I wrapped up in it...well, sorry not sorry, I'm keeping it.

20180608.jpg

How many skeins of Mandala yarn did you use?  And what color?  This is absolutely gorgeous!!!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, TexasPurl said:

this is absolutely gorgeous.  I'm tempted to try some of my Cakes to try this.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Avon Lady said:

How many skeins of Mandala yarn did you use?  And what color?  This is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Thank you! I used 2-1/2 skeins of Centaur. I honestly think the camera lightened the colors a bit. But still very pretty.

• Like 1

Better post early. We've got a full day with the grandson today. A bit of shopping, a movie, lunch, then off to the splashpad! Nana's gonna be pooped! Have a great week everyone!

WTD +3

I am loing all these projects everyone has posted!!! 

So, bad news, I haven't touched yarn in a while so no score for me this week. 

Good news,  we were approved for the loan! Closing date is 7/2 and then we should be able to start on the build! I'm so excited!!!

• Like 1

The Stashbuster Totals for June 10, 2018

Gold Medal Winner!  darski  +8

Silver Medal Winner!  TexasPurl  +3

Bronze Medal Winner!  greyhoundgrandma  +2

Holding Steady!  PBLKNP  +0  

No Shoot the Moon this time!!!

Thanks, all!  :manyheart

• Like 1

from Friday thru Monday we have dealt with feeding tube failure,finally fixed

for the first time in a long time,I just couldn't pass up the 2.00 yarn at Michael's but did keep it to three skeins,amazing what a tight budget does for yarn buying

so far at - 3,hope to at least bring it to zero by Saturday

• Like 1

I am doing a major declutter purge so I am donating 56 skeins of fake fur/ novelty yarns for +112 points and I finished another skein making hats so this week so far it's + 114

I will likely get rid of more skeins or balls but I wanted to post this while I remember it  :rofl

• Like 1