Closed--2018 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

2018 Stashbusting CAL

This is a continuation of last year's game. With the start of the new year, you get to start with ZEROS for your point scores. If you want, keep your 2017 score in your signature to remind you to "Do Better".

Here are the general rules:

Please sign up to this thread. I will be putting all the names at the end of this post so that we know who's playing.

Also, please put a line in your signature for Stashbusting score. Example: WTD=+5 YTD=+27.

Please post your scores by Midnight on Saturday, so that the scorekeeper can pick them up. Shortly after that, the scorekeeper will be tallying the scores and posting them on Sunday.

Please make your score easy to be seen. Large numbers and pretty colors really help.

Example:

WTD=+7 YTD=-9

WTD= week to date and YTD = Year to date.

First (gold), second (silver) and third (bronze) will be noted on the scorekeeping list on Sunday, along with all the other scores. If you have the largest total in receiving yarn and not using it up, it is called the "Shoot the Moon" award.

The "Shoot the Moon" winner from the previous week will be responsible for posting the scores the following week. If the "Shoot the Moon" winner is not available to post the scores, please contact greyhoundgrandma as early as possible so that scores can be posted in a timely manner.

The scorekeeper should post by 12 noon Eastern Time on Sunday. If it will be posted at another time, due to work, church, etc., please notify the group so that they will know when to expect their scores.

Scorekeeping

For every skein of yarn you use up completely, you get two (2) points.

For every skein of yarn that you roll into a ball, you get one (1) point.

For every ball of yarn you use up, you get one (1) point.

For every skein of yarn you buy, receive, or inherit, you lose two (2) points.

For every ball of yarn you buy, receive, or inherit, you lose one (1) point.

A skein of yarn is a brand new bundle that you have bought at a store or its equivalent. If you roll it into smaller cakes or balls, it will still count as two (2) points when you use them completely. You count points for yarn that you use in crocheting, knitting, crafting or give away.

This is an on-going CAL. Feel free to join at any time!

When you start playing with us for the first time, you DON'T COUNT what's in your stash. For many of us, that would be impossible. You get points when you use up what's in your stash or lose points when you add to your stash.

Your first scores will be posted January 6th, and the first list of scores will be posted on January 7th for the week ending on January 6th.

If you have any questions just post them to the thread.

Good luck with your stashbusting!

2018 Stashbusters:

darski

Ellie 13

greyhoundgrandma

HollyzHobbyz

howieann

Inkked0317

jessicali

KaylaKitsa

ladychris2010

LegalWoman17

Lovin2crochet

MadreBug

MalisaMeesa

Nikki Ranson

PBLKNP

pineknott

TexasPurl

Edited by greyhoundgrandma

I see you already added me, but YES!  I will be joining for 2018!  I actually found stash I forgot I even had.  I was cleaning under the beds and found TWO under-the-bed plastic bins full of yarn!  

1 hour ago, Debbie Caldwell said:

Question for the group.........

I crochet & knit on a regular basis. Should I only count the stash usage that I crochet?

Thanks!

Count yarn stash that is used no matter how--crochet, knit, other crafts, the dog ate it, you gave it away, you tossed it in the trash, etc.

• Like 1

OOOH i'm going to be in the positives this time!!!

Myself and KaylaKitsa are back this year!

but we have a question.... we've gotten into Spinning yarn.... do we count what we make? at what point should we consider it a ball? what point does it become a Skein?

At whatever point you stop spinning and adding to it and cut the yarn, that would be a skein. I think it would always be counted as a skein because they come in all sizes from an ounce to a pound. It's only a ball when you wind what's left of a skein that's been mostly used.