Boxing Day 2018 (any charity projects)

babypoohsmom

1 hour ago, darski said:

I'm afraid I won't be able to send another parcel this year.  I have to pay for cataract surgery (sometime soon) so I am just counting my pennies.

However what I still have will make a good start for next year's parcel. 

Sorry about this.

Darski I can't believe you are apologizing.  You sent a package of dolls and a 2 boxes of dolls clothes and another doll.  You went above and beyond the call.  Please I am so thrilled by your donation for this year. 

Please take care of yourself.  Your eyes are so important.  There will still be kids next year in need of doll clothes and glad that you had a supply put away.  I am always so grateful that you are willing to donate your time and talent to the cause.

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, darski said:

I'm afraid I won't be able to send another parcel this year.  I have to pay for cataract surgery (sometime soon) so I am just counting my pennies.

However what I still have will make a good start for next year's parcel. 

Sorry about this.

I hear ya.  You have to take care of yourself. :hug I havent been mailing out as much either.   I had cataract surgery Sept 4 and 11th.  Tomorrow is the last day for eye drops and Fri should be last post op dr visit.  Waiting for things to filter through insurance company and the bills to start showing up.  Hoping to not owe too much more since I had to pay my portion to the surgeon and surgicenter before surgery. 

Wishing you the best and let us know how you are doing when you can.  

After finishing all the doll and baby stuff I got back to my wish list.  I got some gorgeous ombre yarn and did the V scarf.  there is a link a couple of pages back.

I totally love the ombre yarn but I should have made the scarf just a tad longer for me.

ombre1.jpg.0a37a751c58a2ef9900d6d4e0b736af9.jpg

ombre2.jpg.3249ce72d9e6695897a3d4c52dd902c4.jpg

That is a lovely scarf Darski. I bought some of that Ombré yarn but have not had a chance to work with it yet.

My crocheting has pretty much come to a halt while I am dealing with issues at work. I also have some quilting "work" (stuff I do for other people) that needs to get done. I do have a cat mat done and one in progress from football-watching time. I haven't actually had the pleasure of sitting to watch a hockey game, so no hockey hats yet!  And now I have two dear friends in hospital, so I hope to get some visits in, and keep my rescue commitments for the next few days. I think it will be a lot to manage this weekend. Keep your fingers crossed for me.    In case you are wondering, yes, it is 1:50am. I worked traffic detail for the Cardinals game last night and I'm too keyed up to sleep. Lol, maybe I need a nice, short chat with Mr Jack Daniels.

Keep up all of the good work ladies. I was hoping to see some of those little birds nests this year, but I think Linda makes those and her plate Is quite full. I was scrolling back and got to fall in love with the doll clothes, and adore the mini stockings and try to pick a favorite lap ghan. We've actually done a lot this year so far!!! 

finished a baby set.  Love doing these. 

I seem to be between thoughts for crochet - don't know what to make next.  I have at least three 18" doll clothes patterns to type and post... nah; sounds too much like work  :rofl

midwife2.jpg.66fa82120ff56b3724cb28c85dedb02c.jpg

Love the sunshine-y blanket Darski. I have not picked up a crochet hook in 3 weeks. There is definitely something wrong with me!  I am glad to see that you have been carrying on here without me. 

On 10/21/2018 at 3:33 PM, darski said:

finished a baby set.  Love doing these. 

I seem to be between thoughts for crochet - don't know what to make next.  I have at least three 18" doll clothes patterns to type and post... nah; sounds too much like work  :rofl

midwife2.jpg.66fa82120ff56b3724cb28c85dedb02c.jpg

Darski that is a very beautiful set!. I love yellow color:)

I need your help. I been wanting to ask you about that for at least couple years, I just never got around :(.

I have a picture of "Hippo Lovey". And I have no idea how to make that little Star Blankie. I think that got 8 points, I am not sure. I will try to attach a picture of that "Hippo Lovey" I hope I will get Lucky with that picture here. Couple weeks ago I was trying to post a picture here & did not worked. Hopefully will work now.

This site got really messed up since that last "upgrade":(.

Thank You,

Krys

Hippo Lovey.jpg

It is my understanding that you make the hippo and then the blankie part and stitch them together - this is what I plan to do.

the blankie is just making a doily type pattern with a WW (thicker) yarn.

40 minutes ago, darski said:

It is my understanding that you make the hippo and then the blankie part and stitch them together - this is what I plan to do.

Darski Thank You for a very quick reply:)

Maybe I did not explained that correctly.  I do know how to make that Hippo on top (I am pretty good with making amigurumi LOL). And I do know how to make  Lovey's. I made couple of them.

I just do NOT know that pattern for that little blankie (that small star blanket). That is not a plain circle or square, that i would know how to do that LOL.. That is a "Star Blanket", only is very small.  I was thinking of you that you probably will know something about that pattern or something similar to that. Because you wrote some Star Blanket patterns.

I just need to find out (get a pattern) HOW  to crochet that Star Blanket with those points. Or something similar to that. I would like to be a "Star Blanket" design. Do you have any star blanket pattern that you could share?

Thanks for any help :)

Krys

24 minutes ago, darski said:

here is my pattern for a 10 pt RR.  It should work for the little bit that you need.  with any RR pattern you can change colours as you wish or just make it in one yarn.

Thank You:)

Krys

1 hour ago, darski said:

Yes, that is how that work. When it comes to Lovey's there are usually 2 parts.

a) little blanket (the size depends on how old is that child?). If is a newborn that needs to be very small

b) Something for the top. Usually people crochet a top part of some animal. But, that could be anything even a flower or a ball or just about anything else...

c) Sewing everything together and that is all.

My "Hippo Lovey" will be bigger because that little girl is about 2,5 years old. In March of next years she will be 3 years old. I will probably need to crochet that little blanket about 24" across. And yes, that Hippo part it will be bigger than for a little baby.

How old is that child you are planning to make that Lovey for?

I will attach a picture here of my "Monkey Lovey". I made that about 2 years ago. I made that from a picture (no pattern). That pattern was for sale. But for me it is easy to make stuff like that with no patterns.

That "Monkey Lovey" was for a boy over 2 years old. It was pretty big for a Lovey LOL. Now he is about 4 years old. He is still "dragging" that Monkey around with him. His mother told me that he always taking that monkey to a car with him LOL.

That blankie was easy, it was just a square.

Here is my Monkey Lovey picture. I hope it will show up here.

DSC00348.JPG

DSC00342 (1).JPG

Archived