Boxing Day 2018 (any charity projects)

babypoohsmom

I Posted these pics this afternoon and the post is gone.  they now show up in this post.  My real post information is below the pics

bunt01.jpg

pink01.jpg

check out this cute Piggy hat. I just want to encourage the designer.  She has some nice stuff and some traffic might be  nice.

I think some animal hats might go down well in the thrift shop I donate items to.  It is called "Redeemed Goods"... love that

I might also try one for our dolls to wear.

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Darski beautiful sets.  I have yet to figure out why or how some of the weird things happen here.  I cant tell you the times I have thought I posted something only to find out later that it did not.  Cute piggie hat and yes I think it would make a good doll hat.

Darski those are as always adorable.  I love the bonnet and the colors on both are just so cheerful and bright.

Still working on kitchen items and finished this little set up while watching the Olympics.  I did put on note on the picture I included with the set that it was not safe for use with hot items.  These days you just can't be too careful.  I do think it is fun to have the little kitchen accessories though for the donation though.

Little Baker Set

Chris cute set.  

I can really understand the need for the fiddle mats, muffs and cuffs.  I find myself pulling off and twisting my rings, bending and straightening out bread ties, folding papers etc, when I am not doing something productive so I cant imagine being left with nothing to occupy my hands.

Well heck, it's been kind of quiet around here, then BOOM, everybody checks in with so many great projects.

I don't know where to start...the stocking stockpile is so colorful and fun. You must have really been in a groove!  The star afghan and the matching tiny hat are so cute.  And Darski's matching sets are so cheerful!  Lol, I already forgot what Bailey did because I looked at so many fun posts tonight.

i finished a scarf using the C2C method. I had no idea how much yarn that pattern uses. I went through a skein and a half of yarn. I still have to tuck in the ends and then I will get a picture. 

Finally, here is the C2C scarf I made because I wanted to practice increase on one side and decrease on the other and figured that a scarf is the perfect size.  This is made with the Michael's inexspensive store brand called CraftSmart. I ended up using one whole skein and a bit more than 1/3 of a second skein. I probably have enough leftover on the second one to make a matching hat.  The lighting is (as always) crummy. There is a bright green in the variegation but not quite as bright as the picture shows. It's about 5 1/2" wide and 72" long.image.thumb.jpeg.50d8d1000f73c1adf0f88cc2ecf2ec12.jpeg

Bailey, I finally looked back at your project because it was bugging me that I could not remember what you made.  Will those kitchen mitts fit a child? I'm assuming they are not for the dolls? 

Its funny how you selected your yarn color. I've found myself doing the same thing when I don't give myself enough time before there is something interesting to watch on TV. 

Yeah they are kid sized. I have such big hands I often forget how small kids hands are until I'm trying to find outdoor gear for my niece's kids and everything here is giant. Clearly a smaller kid not a school age one but it will work for one of the little ones on their list.

Wow, so many lovely projects.

Darski, I have noticed that every once in a while, a post seems to be “saved” to my profile.  The next time I post, that random post gets added to whatever else I am posting. It’s happened to me a couple of times recently.

DH and I are still catching up on watching the Olympic events so I've been trying to find small projects to work on that I can do without missing out on the action.  This was an experiment answering a call for kitchen donations.

Scrubby Posey

I'd never worked with the plastic scrubbies before, but they are remarkably easy to crochet with and kind of cute with different stitches. 

9 hours ago, Bailey4 said:

DH and I are still catching up on watching the Olympic events so I've been trying to find small projects to work on that I can do without missing out on the action.  This was an experiment answering a call for kitchen donations.

Scrubby Posey

I'd never worked with the plastic scrubbies before, but they are remarkably easy to crochet with and kind of cute with different stitches. 

That is really cute!

11 hours ago, Bailey4 said:

Scrubby Posey

Your scrubby is so pretty and cheerful.  Thank you for the pattern link on your blog.

When possible I always try to give a link whether paid or free or the title of a book/leaflet if it is out of print so people can at least try to find it.  I find it frustrating when I come across the perfect project with nothing but a picture to begin my search for the pattern.  Even if it is out of print, with a pattern or book title you can at least begin a search for the pattern.

Oh my mutilation?

FGM is the abbreviation used on Crochetville's wishlist for Fairy Godmother or one who grants wishes from the wishlist. The person granting the wish remains anonymous to all but the person receiving the wish although in the thank you thread we sometimes give geography hints by saying thanks to a NY FGM for instance.

36 minutes ago, Bailey4 said:

Oh my mutilation?

FGM is the abbreviation used on Crochetville's wishlist for Fairy Godmother or one who grants wishes from the wishlist. The person granting the wish remains anonymous to all but the person receiving the wish although in the thank you thread we sometimes give geography hints by saying thanks to a NY FGM for instance.

thank you... it is nice to have different words for those letters. :ghug

Chris another beautiful doll carrier.  I have always enjoyed your blog.  I love how you make comments and notes for future reference for yourself (and others) along with the patterns and where to find them.

Gardener, I have had that problem with my last post popping up out of nowhere. I thought it was just me. Me and technology seems to always fight each other. 

Bailey, love the scrubbies. I also have a love/hate relationship with scrubby yarn. (Go figure) I have to hold it with a strand of regular yarn or I can't see anything. 

would you believe me if I told you this will be in a pattern called "Peach"?  it looks peachy to me but sometimes it seems more coral-ish.  :) I really need it to be 'peach' or I will have to find a new name for a pattern.  this doilyghan won't be in the pattern but it is just about 20" across and qualifies as a blankie.

peach-a01.jpg.be30d6bc92fe0dd35ba2bb744fa45753.jpg

2 minutes ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

Pretty! I love the blankie design. It looks more pink, but colors on the computer often are not true.

well it is too orange to be pink in RL.  I guess it could be called salmon but Fishy does not draw me to a dolly pattern :rofl

Archived