Boxing Day 2018 (any charity projects)

babypoohsmom

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My current baby set... when this is done I can get back to dolly stuff.

I hope to mail out a box or 2 next week.  been feeling punky this week so got nothing done; going nowhere :sigh

lm0003.jpg.25a387d70c2d614202c195b026091507.jpg

Darski, love the set. There is something about it that makes me think of the 50's. 

I also have had that special granny's sqaure blanket on my mind. You did one a few months ago and thought I might be able to figure out the pattern from the picture. Now you've used it again and I still love it.

My blanket is done. The border corners are not perfect but I like it. It's about 30" square. Not sure where it's going yet. Thanks again to Mona. Now I have 2 and 2/3 skeins left. I will probably do a center out blanket so I can't be short again! A grannys square or some variation.

image.thumb.jpeg.a0cfe1e8bbbbbb1024460aa1747c713b.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.4e4301d4ecd787e86554ea0fb226e711.jpegv

Block Stitch blankie...

Blankie…

Always attach new colours in a different corner.

When you get to a corner with the other colour work the yarn up while making 2nd of 6 dc in a corner.

With white WW yarn and 6.mm hook ch 4 and join to form ring.

Row 1: ch5, [3dc in ring, ch 2]3 times, work 2 more dc in ring and join to 3rd ch of ch 5.  Secure white.

Row 2: att black WW yarn and work *sc/ch3/sc in corner, ch3* rep around and join to beg sc.

Secure black yarn and pick up white.

Row 3: slst into corner,,, ch 5, work 3dc in corner, work 3dc in each (side) ch 3 space and 3dc/ch2/3dc in every corner around. End with 2 more dc in beg corner and join to 3rd ch of ch 5.

Secure white pick up black.

Row 4: *sc/ch3/sc in corner, ch3/ sc between 3dc groups* rep around and join to beg sc.

Repeat rows 3 and 4.

block2.jpg.015507d2cad104e13746e39f71debb9a.jpgblock3.jpg.66389329d14bd78f8c28ae79ff366b39.jpgblock1.jpg.c7bba9866707021bfd946992973f3353.jpg

I had been planning to use this format for my current baby project but I don't care for the look with the dress.  I'm working on a dolly nightdress to go with it and looking for a colour to add to the edge,

Nice blanket Denise (and Mona). darski's round ripple is also a good center out blanket.  I made a few small ones about a year ago for an nicu when trying to work up inherited yarn.20170611_093127.thumb.jpg.2e949e9b390738bd88f26d574cf9eee8.jpg

20170611_093354.thumb.jpg.c34083300afb2107daf7ed55292306c5.jpg20170611_093251.thumb.jpg.d2304357837d1a103d469e43143b4d41.jpg

Thank you darski for the pattern. I didnt have any problems and they were my first attempts at round ripples.

darski love the block stitch blankie.  Thank you for the pattern.  Now to get it copied and printed so it will be handy when pondering what pattern to use.  I think it makes a beautiful square let alone blanket.

It took a few minutes to find this thread, so I thought I would add it here. Thanks so much, darski, for your generosity in sharing your patterns. I am strictly a follow the pattern crocheter, so I really appreciate people who can come up with patterns and then will share them.

• 2 weeks later...

Darski pretty as usual.

I have 4 scarves done and 3 in progress.  Not able to do much right now as had cataract surgery last Tues and again tomorow.  This upgrade has made it significantly difficult to read on the mobile version which is what I have to use to get here.  May be a good while before I can see well enough to make it back.  

Hi all.   Donna has asked me to let everyone know that she is in the midst of evacuating because of the hurricane.  She said she will work on tweaking some things from the software update when she can. 

Sending hugs and prayers to Donna and those in the path of Florence.

I slipped in the shower a couple weeks ago and I keep feeling like I just ran into a truck.  I've managed to do some crocheting but nothing like what I wanted.

I have also gotten offtrack in my efforts to make doll stuff by getting caught up in doing baby sets .

Because I have not been up to par I have not been able to get my boxes to the Post Office.  I have printed the labels and will prepare stuff tonight so I can get there tomorrow.  it isn't that long a walk but the packing up is the challenge.

I also see that I forgot to post this pic of the nightgown to go with the b/w dolly ghan.  I also added two more small flowers to the nighty after I did the pic

bw01.jpg.978a76b74a8e73124f72367e01e88df5.jpg

bw02.jpg.18ba542b3ce82db2694e2f22d08b94d5.jpg

Hi everyone. I was caught off guard by this format change. When I try to post, as soon as I start typing in the reply box, my previous post pops up. So I have to sit and backspace through the whole message. Anyone else have that happen? I am on an iPad. 

Sorry to hear that you slipped Darski, that must have been scary. But your work continues to be beautiful. I made a swatch of the start of your modified granny's square. It was very easy and I just love the look.  I have not done much since I finished the last baby blanket. Mostly some dishcloths for family. Nothing special. I am in a bit of a rut. I know it happens to everyone. 

Archived