Boxing Day 2018 (any charity projects)

babypoohsmom

Darski its up to you and how much it bothers you.  I think its pretty and that some little girl will love it the way it is.  It doesnt have to lay flat and square to wrap a doll or carry it around. There was a time I probably would have frogged it but I am trying really hard to ease up on being a perfectionist and ocd.

:clap for Mona.  Denise I was tickled to see she had and was sending the yarn you needed.  Our friends here are so awesome.

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Bailey4 said:

I'm not sure how it got to be so late in August already but I am starting to feel fall approaching and my fingers are working fast to try to get everything finished.

Baby Doll 16" Dress

Turned out really nice.  Glad you were able to adapt the pattern.  I remember and used Walmart's Mainstay yarn.

8 hours ago, darski said:

that worked out well. Love the colour for that yarn.

I have one of those dolls but they are much more expensive here.  When I measured mine he was only 15" ;not 16.

I paid $28.00 Cdn a couple of months ago and now they want (basically) $40.00

This one is bigger than the 15 inch one I was using previously.  It's a little longer and a little bigger in the chest area.  I can still use most of my 15 inch patterns I've just had to play with hook size a little.

I hate when they price gouge.  I try to keep in the $20 range.  When it goes higher than that it just isn't feasible for donating.

Hmm, I just can't seem to finish this blanket. I started the decrease on the row that was in progress when I added the new skein. But I'm not even close to finishing with the 2nd skein. Dang good thing that Mona sent me more than one! This seems really off! I wonder if the skein was actually shorted. 

image.thumb.jpeg.3fe77064c5851f98e3dd073c55c38eb1.jpeg

Denise thank goodness Mona sent you extra.  I like doing c2c's but have a devil of a time judging yarn amounts and have wound up in your situation more than once.  I have always wound up frogging back and eliminating a few increase rows to compensate.  I had an even harder time on this striped one.

20160401_124814.thumb.jpg.eb8ade070d523156b3bf63e33f2d33ae.jpg

Finished another lapghan for w4w.

20180815_143137.thumb.jpg.446b89b0b12d510dc8bf84944f854f5b.jpg

I made a cute little cocoon set.  I finally got to use that rolled flower edging.  It worked on this even though it didn't fit a blankie :rofl

The no scratch mitts work up quickly even in SW and a 4.mm hook.

petal01.jpg.2bdee6da819dbffbbc3bd9422b2f7588.jpg

petal02.jpg.b9cf1cb673cc6a67b77ad48047166606.jpg

Ooh Brenda, I like the C2C. My friend told me that she read that the decrease stitches actually take more yarn than the increase. Isn't that crazy? I'm sure somebody did the math. 

Darski, love the cocoon. And the little mitts are precious, but just thinking about tiny yarn and a tiny hook....! 

I did finish the C2C I was working on thanks to Mona. I still can't figure out how it was that far off. Anyway, I am meeting with a crochet friend IRL next Saturday and she's going to show me how to do a border. 

Archived