Boxing Day 2018 (any charity projects)

babypoohsmom

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, you guys have been busy. Darski, I love the shades of pink. Does this mean your yarn barf got worked out? I love how the different stitch types work out! 

Brenda, again, I love the color combos. 

I started on a C2C with a baby yarn and a regular worsted held together. I was *sure* I had a second skein of the baby yarn, but alas, nope. So I am on the search for Bernat Baby Jaquard in the color Easter Basket. I'm going to post in the ISO section but thought I'd ask here for you gals to check yor stashes for me! It's so pretty!

image.thumb.jpeg.f1a57235ac16d843e6e4a54e1a67beb6.jpeg

I wanted to share this pic showing the up-sizing of my "Pink is for baby girls" pattern.  it should just fit a newborn and it will make a great doll dress when baby grows up :rofl

compare02.jpg.407d9aabaa180c39a123f69d4eb049ba.jpg

I am going to add a few rows to the blankie and then remake the dolly blankie :think

3 hours ago, Bailey4 said:

The other called this a Flamenco Dress and it doesn't much look like one.  However, it is a pretty cute dress for the 18" inch doll.  Best of all it works up quickly and easily.

Flamenco Dress

I have hoped to create a Flamenco dress for years.  If I ever do I'll share it. 

love that one though

I have finally finished the yellow heart set - got the dress and beret seen to.

heartily05.jpg.feec8c9d587434d1dd2aa33ae0b4534c.jpg

I also have a neat little blankie set for our toy drive.  the hat fits baby born but not quite the smaller guy. 

I had to put some puffy paint in the hat to keep it on the bald little head :rofl

pouch1.jpg.1afb5a74f346002f2a6ff20de6da01ef.jpg

pouch2.jpg.0870c760801d89c6509ccc61b769d7e3.jpg

I need an opinion... I found this square and really liked it.  as I worked it -from the start- I knew it would be wobbly.  rather than working as a granny would where you put a cluster between cluster in this one you put the cluster (a V-st) in the V-st below.  this mean you are gaining 4 extra bits on every round. this is in addition to the clusters that maintain your square.  that is 4 extra on every round.  You can see the effect of this when you look at the square folded in half on the diagonal.

5b6e4fa8b7f28_amess1.jpg.8eaaca2108961d5920231a647c6050bf.jpg

5b6e4fa9d99db_amess2.jpg.a113cd560079dbd4f80fac24e3eaf460.jpg

MY question is - should I finish this doll blankie or should I start over?  I think I can get around this pattern challenge but I really hate to waste that gorgeous pink yarn.

Darski, I had a blue blanket worked in the round that turned out that way. Whe I folded it I half, it looked like a fortune cookie!

You have to remember that just because the pattern designer liked it that way...you don't have to. Also keep your target audience in mind. Kids! They will get a cute blanket and outfit and will probably be over the moon.

But, You seem to be very proud of your projects and you have a nack for workarounds. If it bothers you, take it out!!

Sorry...that is not much help. But I do love the color choices for the orange blankets!

Did I mention that our own Mona, Greyhoundgramdma had the yarn I needed to finish my blanket. She not only sent me the skein I needed, but also sent 3 more that I didn't know I needed. I have not tried that baby jacked since I made that first one....maybe I will dig that pattern out!  Anyway, it's been great to be working on the decrease side now.  Thanks Mona!!

I think it's very pretty, darski! I don't think kids will notice or care one way or the other.

You're welcome, Denise! I have so much stash, I don't really know what all's in it anymore. I've tried to organize and list it a couple of times, but I've never gotten it all listed and I forget to mark off what I use! LOL

Archived