Boxing Day 2018 (any charity projects)

babypoohsmom

Its a happy day.  Darski can and is creating and writing patterns for new doll clothes.  

Darski Rivulets is pretty and the shawl really accessorizes the dress.

I mailed off 70 of those mini stockings today.  Even though they were completed I dont count them as finished until they are on their way.

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, bgs said:

Its a happy day.  Darski can and is creating and writing patterns for new doll clothes.  

Darski Rivulets is pretty and the shawl really accessorizes the dress.

I mailed off 70 of those mini stockings today.  Even though they were completed I dont count them as finished until they are on their way.

thank you so much for you kind words

.  I do love those little stockings but I lack the patience for doing those heels.  (I now do tube socks for my kids)

Darski I cant imagine making little socks with heels for dolls. These mini Christmas stockings are easy.  You crochet a tube  Then do rows with decreases.  You are supposed to seam the back part of the heel but these are so small I dont  break the yarn to stitch the back of the heel closed.  I just do a slip stitch or two down and then back up and take off in the round again.  It wouldnt look so nice for doll socks but its plenty fine for these.  

Love the new doll pattern Darski. She looks ready for church with the shawl and ready for the church picnic when it's off. And I'm with Brenda, it's wonderful to see you creating again. Your mind and hands are back to their calling.,

And Brenda already has 70 stockings in April? You guys are amazing.

I sat and watched an hour of TV tonight and never thought to grab some yarn. What is wrong with me anyway? 

darski pretty scarf.  I think it would look more elegant with white pearl beads.  At least with those charms they can be easily removed since they are clipped on. 

Denise I usually crochet when watching tv but I am having days (too many of them lately) where I just dont feel like picking up my crochet hook.  I usually can at least do a mini stocking. 

Hi Mary Jo, thanks so much for the birthday wishes.  Are you still on a break from your tote bag adventures? I love mine but my cat Sunshine always wants to crawl inside. She thinks it is a bed. I need to take a picture the next time she's in there. Right now it's empty on my dresser, so I assume it is fair game. 

A girl at work gave me a book called Quick & Easy Mittens for knitting or knooking. She is convinced that I need to try knitting again.  I've never tried knooking and I am wondering if anyone in this group has. 

Denise I would love to see your Sunshine in your bag.  I sure miss our TC.  Its been 5 months now but the pain is still just as bad.  I know thats part of my problem not feeling like crocheting.  She was usually in my lap when I crocheted and she loved stealing the little balls of yarn.   I did work on some mini stockings last night but am just tossing them in a pile to work in ends later.  I have thought about knooking but thats as far as it got.  I have a crochet on the double hook somewhere but never did any thing with it.   A long time ago I got a pair of knitting needles and knitted a swatch.  Somehow I never came across anything I wanted to make that badly to continue.  Got rid of those needles but later bought a set of intetchangeable circulars that have never been touched.  

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 0:16 AM, babypoohsmom said:

Hi Mary Jo, thanks so much for the birthday wishes.  Are you still on a break from your tote bag adventures? I love mine but my cat Sunshine always wants to crawl inside. She thinks it is a bed. I need to take a picture the next time she's in there. Right now it's empty on my dresser, so I assume it is fair game. 

A girl at work gave me a book called Quick & Easy Mittens for knitting or knooking. She is convinced that I need to try knitting again.  I've never tried knooking and I am wondering if anyone in this group has. 

Good Morning.  Yes, I am still on a break, but always on the look out.  I heard that about cats.  Several people have told me their cats love to crawl into the tote.  Must be because it is cotton and it is soft.  I also hear of a duck trying to steal one.:rofl

I remember you told me this is the place to post pictures of charity work.  I have finished my first project to go to the Children's Cancer Hospital in Phoenix, AZ.  I just have to pack up the box and get it ready for pick up.

Here they are.  Most are crocheted, but the monkey in the back is knitted.

Rag Dolls & Monsters (1).JPG

Wow Mary Jo, your stuffies are adorable. Why do you send them all of the way from Florida to Arizona? I live in the metro Phoenix area. I know the Phoenix Children's Hospital out here is "the" place for pediatrics. I wonder if that is where your dolls are going? 

Darski, I love the new doll set. I still would like to get an 18" doll just so I have some perspective on these great clothes you make.

i did finally finish that hat on Tuesday night but our one little foster kitten is still on the sick side, and not quite ready to go home yet. I don't like adopting out cats that I know are sick. Word gets around if you put sick cats up for adoption. We are a new shelter and we want to gain a good reputation for having clean, happy adoptable cats! The point at the start of this rant was simply that I can't go work in my room much when the kittens graduate to the whole house because they always want in there. But that place has stacks of quilting fabric, bags and piles of yarn, and all of the paper crafting stuff you could imagine. A small cat could get lost in there for days!!

8/1/2022 is the date I could take retirement, and start my stash lifespan, but I probably won't be able to unless health care takes a 180 soon. 

But I can dream. So hopefully tomorrow you can see my funny looking "I ran out of  variagated yarn too soon hat"

I am not sure what hospital it is.  I send them to Peggy85225, she is the one who then gives them to her grandson (who has cancer, but remission now).  He takes them to the nurses for the kids. 

This way I just put them in a box and they magically disappear. :rofl

Darski, I love the afghan and outfit, but you stuff is always pretty.

17 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

I am not sure what hospital it is.  I send them to Peggy85225, she is the one who then gives them to her grandson (who has cancer, but remission now).  He takes them to the nurses for the kids. 

This way I just put them in a box and they magically disappear. :rofl

Darski, I love the afghan and outfit, but you stuff is always pretty.

I am pretty sure that Peggy85225 sends them to the Phoenix Children's Hospital Cancer Clinic.  

Here is the goofy hat I made. I thought I had enough variegated to get to the brim, but I didn't. I also got a funny looking pool of black and red on the crown.

I guess I will go ahead and donate it anyway, but it's not one of my best hats.

image.thumb.jpeg.e2861f8504e6806734c443d8e0cbc2a1.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.7bad3b43fe76dbfac892cc3a25c3bfe8.jpeg

Denise I think we are sometimes too critical of our own work.  I have a hard time being happy with mine when I dont like the colors but often I hear someone else loves it and thinks its just the prettiest thing.  

Brenda and Darski, thanks for the encouragement! It's not poorly made and it will be warm, so I suppose that someone who doesn't have a hat will enjoy it. I thought about putting a black pom pom on it, but I'm not sure. I will probably make one and just see how it looks. If I don't like it, I guess I will just have a spare pom for a future het! 

I found this rabbity bit done in thread as a coaster and thought it might work up as a blankie.

It looked like it would work as I started:

rabit01.jpg.6e1f951557edf72151848cb2ce1400cc.jpg

However the edging did not hold up well - it ruffled so much that I had to purposely ruffle it

rabit02.jpg.dba95125075fe5e551c1bec95ab4e6d0.jpg

However it is a blankie that will cover a dolly so I did make a hat to go with

rabit03.jpg.66698ee3734b8e4149b84f1058f93c22.jpg

I might make a sweater... we'll see :think

that blankie does work up so quickly.  Ok, I used a hefty WW yarn and a 6mm hook but it still is a quick bit. 

the yarn is a very pretty light mauve but it seems to grey out in the camera :(

flora01.thumb.jpg.c9382641abfd8a903c7fd08033af8298.jpgflora02.jpg.fc83f82d9945a7cbff055d2bffc0a374.jpg

Archived