The Art of Crochet UK

NicolaJayne

So after a long 15 months of a lot of tears and cursing, I have finally completed 112 squares, all with different stitches and techniques and sticking each one with a border on and sewn up together and stuck a border on.  It's finally complete!

This is bigger in length of my double bed, which I'm sure you can see in the photos! I'm super proud of myself for not quitting on this, don't get me wrong there has been a few times, where I've given up, but I would put it down for a day or and two then go back to it!

a.jpg.0f70d55470fcfee42926a9d972a9d779.jpga1.thumb.jpg.d44ff66f0f06e9cbb4d19d0fa0e03d7d.jpg

Just a little question.  Why are you putting a backing on it?  Personally, I'd think that would make it awfully heavy and thick--unless you need the thickness for extremely cold temps.

• 2 months later...
On ‎29‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:54 PM, Avon Lady said:

Just a little question.  Why are you putting a backing on it?  Personally, I'd think that would make it awfully heavy and thick--unless you need the thickness for extremely cold temps.

I'm scared it may fall apart, I know that sounds daft, but it's my first ever massive project and the overall cost to make was £400!

Archived