Toys, thanks to Bernat and Roxycraft! lion and bear

Sue89

After taking a few weeks off for an excruciating case of eye strain, I'm back to crocheting toys for a Christmas charity drive. I'd been wanting to make Roxycraft's lion but didn't have the fur for the mane. Yesterday my free ball of Bernat Disco yarn came in the mail and it was the perfect shade of auburn!:jumpyay For lack of felt I had to change the nose a little, but here it is:

e6d6ae3f.jpg

I also made this little blue and yellow bear using Roxycraft's basic head and body pattern and adding two sculpted ears by folding two unstuffed "arms" in half and sewing them on flat:

238d0501.jpg

I'm so grateful to Roxycraft for making her adorable patterns available for free for as long as she did. I've been able to make several toys for our charity drive. Those patterns really should be published. With the basic head and body worked out, the possibilities are endless.

those are adorable, who do you give them too, i make toys too and give them to the fire department or police department for children who have to go through trauma like a car accident or their parents are going to jail or for whatever reason they find the need to give this child one. i also downloaded those patterns. would love to hear who you give yours too.:hug :hug you did a great job on them too:manyheart :manyheart

Thank you. :)

Thunderbird, these toys are heading to Trinidad. My sister is acquainted with a woman who moved here from Trinidad and started a charity to help the people there. The toys are going to a partular school, along with a lot of other little items my sister has been buying (yo-yos, marbles, etc.). I'm so glad I got that little lion done yesterday, because today the all the toys were collected. I thought I'd have a little more time to make more, but I'm glad I got at least 10 completed.

Archived