Tampa Doll

C’Ville Tote December 2017

Ah my favorite month of the year.  Bright lights, carols, children laughing and the smells of the spices and cookies being made.

December was always special in our house growing up.  We would start on Dec. 1st with the decorating and no matter how war it was the week before, the day we went to put up the lights outside, it was cold and either snowy or rainy.  Mom always had hot chocolate ready for us when we were done.

I love the sparkling lights on the trees and the homes all around.  Even with all the shopping and traffic and other stuff, there was always a feeling of love and friendship around.

I could go on and on about what we did during the holidays and the funny stories of what went on, and remembering them always puts a smile on my face.

Our big dinner was always Christmas Eve, so Mom got to rest on Christmas Day.  She called it fend for yourself day.  Best part was, no restrictions on what we could eat.

This tote is made with dark green and red with gold sides and outline.  The handles are the last of my Victorian Christmas yarn and all is made by the old Peaches and Cream.  The pocket is white with a green hook and red writing by Aunt Lydia.

I have added a Christmas tree potholder, a Christmas Pickle and some stitch holders/errings.

So as this is the last bag for a while, was to be name Christmas Colors, but decided to name it The Last Bag Lady 2017.

Hope you like tote #141 The Last Bag Lady 2017.   See the extras  Anyone interested in seeing all the totes, look here.

sp B 141 Crochetville CXXXXI December Last Bag Lady 2017..JPG

sp F 141 Crochetville CXXXXI December Last Bag Lady 2017.JPG

Edited by Tampa Doll
  • Like 6

Beautiful bag and stories, of course, as always.  I like how the color pooled on the handles, 

I'll miss not seeing your bags and reading your stories each month, but you've earned a well deserved respite from the monthly bag-making deadlines :hug

Edited by Granny Square
  • Like 2

Gorgeous bag and goodies! Seeing the stitch markers as earrings on the pickle made me giggle. :)

I agree that you deserve a break from totes. I look forward to when you resume. I love your stories as much as seeing the totes and goodies! 

• Like 2

I love the different front and back color combo and yes I agree the pooling on the handles is fantastic.  One of the prettiest bags this year.  Yes your poor wrist deserves a break.

• Like 1

Good morning.

Thank you all for the compliments.  I will be packing up the tote to go out on Thursday.  I would do it for tomorrow, but I have some people coming to cut down some trees and the box would be in the way.

I hope to start changing my house over this week, so I can see all the pretty Christmas stuff.

Have a fun day.

Beautiful !!  Thank you for all the happiness you have brought with your tote bags.  I still love mine, #42 Starburst, and use it a lot.  All of us bag ladies love you.

• Like 1

It is a beautiful tote Mary Jo. I know how much happiness my bag has brought me and I'm sure there are many other Bag Ladies who would agree me. I know the lucky  person who receives this tote will love it

Edited by cshort
  • Like 2

Good Morning or afternoon, depending on where you are.

I have been busy trying to get my tree changed over and in the mean time our trees up front are gone.

The tote is packed up and ready to go out tomorrow. 

I will go off and try to find clues now.

• Like 1

Many, many thanks for my bag and for ALL the beautiful bags you've made for us over the years!  You are a true GEM, Mary Jo! WE LOVE YOU!!

• Like 1

Its incredible how many totes you have made and mailed out. :tyfor each one.   It was such a pleasure seeing each unique tote and reading what you had to say about them.  It was nice sharing stories and memories with each other----I will really miss that part the most.  Then there was the suspense each month of maybe this one is for me and then the shock and disbelief when the box arrived and being on :c9after opening the box. It was always fun trying to figure out the clues and guess where one was going. Thank you for giving us something to look forward to here each month.  I dont know how you managed to do it for so long. I sure couldnt :nworthy

Edited by bgs
  • Like 2

Thank you all for the kind words.  It has been fun and so interesting to hear all the responses to the clues and of course when the tote was delivered.

Many a times you all made me laugh.

Well the tote is on the stoop waiting to be picked up.

Here is the first clue:

This state is rich in legends of America's Old West. It was here that the great Indian chiefs Geronimo and Cochise led their people against the frontiersmen.

box.JPG

It's sad to see a wonderful tradition end but we all understand your desire to take a break.  This bag is a treasure for many reasons, it's color and cheer, the meaning behind it and the honor of being the last in a long beautiful line of Crochetville Totes.  Can't wait to see who the very lucky recipient will be as it's sure to make that person's day merry and bright.  Heartfelt thanks for all your hard work and generosity over the years Mary Jo.  Have a wonderful holiday season.

• Like 1

Mary Jo ~ Absolutely beautiful tote as always!  I think I know the state...and can't wait to see who gets this one.  You are amazing and thank you for all you do. :manyheart

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Here is a little giggle you might like.  Make sure your read the bottom on the picture.

last c'ville bag-lady.jpg

Oh yes must also thank Tampa Guy for his help.  This looks like his work.   If I remember correctly he was involved with the photography and shipping so many thanks to you also.

• Like 3

Wow, I can't believe its over. sniff sniff. But you deserve it for SURE!! :) 

Beautiful tote, a perfect ending, cant wait to see who the recipient is!

I am so bad on guessing!

...but I SO LOVE my December tote from a few years ago....it is always a conversation starter - not to mention a wonderful bag that can hold supplies for the biggest of projects! Thank you for your incredible thoughtfulness - in so many ways.

Thank you all.  I am so glad you like them.

The tote is in state and only 26 minutes north of where it is suppose to go.  They are saying Monday delivery.  Hey, maybe they will get it out today.:xfin

I will be back to give another clue.