alclo

help please

Hi, welcome to the Ville!  I think it's not possible for anyone to make a video of this because that would violate the patterns copyright.  Also would be a large chore to do.  You can post a photo of your piece so far and we can try to troubleshoot for you.  

However I don't feel this is a beginner level pattern as you MUST  be able to read your stitches well to do this stitch pattern and get the shaping right.

waiting to see which of my Ville friend I am doing synchronized posting with today ;-)

Hi Magic, I'm not sure if we synced but I answered the OP's other post in the help section earlier; tried to explain spots that are often the subject of beginner questions.  I guess I didn't scroll down far enough to see this post ;) 

Hi Granny Square, I didn't realize that there were 2 posts---saw your reply in the other thread and thought my reply had not posted.  Yes I am easily confused!  ;-)

On 11/18/2017 at 10:39 AM, alclo said:

I am a beginner and learning to read patterns.  I normally use videos but there isn't one for this pattern.  Please could someone help me out with the first 12 rows by posting a video.  I can't find what I'm doing wrong. 

https://www.petalstopicots.com/2016/05/ombre-shawl-crochet-pattern/

Hi alclo

I don't have anything, to make a video with, sorry,  I do hope that someone, can help you, I learned to crochet, by buying, the crochet booklets

about different crochet stitches, there should also, be crochet stitch abbreviations too, if you search online, about different abbrediations, tthere are

videos, that will show you step by step   https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video;_ylt=AwrTHRmAQhJaW3sAfRxXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTByNWU4cGh1BGNvbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzYw--?p=crochet+stitch+abbreviations+for+beginner&fr=yfp-t-s