montanagirl04

Question

Hello! I've recently started crocheting and am working on my second blanket. The pattern is called "Remembering Bruges Throw" and is a Red Heart pattern. I have completed the main part of the blanket but am stuck on the bruges edging. For some reason I always end up at the wrong end of the row and am unable to connect to the blanket with a slip stitch! Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!!

*I have attached the pattern which has the photos referenced below*

Bruges Edging

Row 1 (right side): Ch 10, dc in the 6th ch from the hook (beginning skipped ch do not count as a st) and in each remaining ch, ch 2; with right side of either short side of edging base facing, join with slip st in first ch-5 space, turn— 5 dc. (See Photo A)

Row 2: Ch 2, dc in each dc across, turn. Row 3: Ch 5, dc in each dc across, ch 2; join with slip st in next ch-5 space, turn.

At this point, I always end up on the wrong end of the row where I am unable to do a slip st in the ch-5 space. Not sure if I am just turning at the wrong time or duplicating a step but it is getting frustrating.

Rows 4–65: Repeat last 2 rows 31 times.

Row 66: Repeat Row 2.

Row 67: Ch 5, dc in each dc across, ch 2; join with slip st in same ch-5 space as previous join, turn. Row 68: Repeat Row 2.

Row 69: Working in first ch-5 space of next side, repeat Row 3.

Row 70: Repeat Row 2. Row 71: Repeat Row 67. (See photo B)

LW5709-Remembering-Bruges-Throw-Free-Crochet-Pattern.pdf

6 answers to this question

Welcome to Crochetville! 

Are you turning, just like when you did when you finished each row of the afghan? Odd rows are done with the right side of the afghan facing you. They are made from the outside edge in towards the afghan. Even rows are done with the wrong side of the afghan facing you. They are made away from the afghan, towards the outside edge. 

Row 1: do the 5 dc stitches, ch2, attach to afghan. Turn the afghan over.

Row 2: ch2, do the 5 dc stitches in the previous row's 5 dc stitches. Turn the afghan over.

Row 3: ch5, do the 5 dc stitches in the previous row's 5 dc stitches, ch2, attach to afghan. Turn the afghan over. 

You're making short rows towards and then away from the afghan. Each row has a 5ch loop at the end.

Does this make sense?

Hi, welcome to the Ville!  

You begin the edging as a separate piece after you fasten off the main part.  At end of row one you attach it to the main piece.  Turn, and work away from the main piece for row row.  Turn, and work back toward the main piece for row three and at end of that row you attach to main piece.  

I don't see any obvious place where there's a confusing thing in the pattern but maybe I just don't see it.

can you take a photo of your edging and post it?  Maybe we can see the problem .  

Archived