Christmas Tree Skirt

Debbie Slusser

Question

3 answers to this question

Took some digging but here you go:

I use Lyn's RR pattern when I make the afghan so this is a variation of her pattern - with a split! I made a second one (for my Mom) and wrote the pattern down as I went along this time. All you seasoned round ripplers will have this done in no time!!

DCP_5815.jpg

Materials:

7 oz. White, appx. 4 oz. each Green & Red, appx. 1 1/2 oz. Verigated

size K hook

Row 1. With Green ch 15, dc into the 3rd ch and across, (13 dc).

Row 2. ch 3, 1 dc in same st, 2 dc in each st across (26).

Row 3: ch 2, *skip next st, 1 dc-ch 2-1 dc in next st (V-st made). repeat across from * ending with hdc in same sp as ch 3. (12 V-st)

Row 4: ch 2, * 2 dc-ch 2-2 dc in ch-2 sp, repeat across from * ending with hdc in ch 2.

Row 5: ch 2, * skip 2 sts, dc in next dc, 2 dc-ch 2-2 dc in the ch 2 sp, 1 dc in next dc, skip next 2 dc, 1 dc in next st. repeat across from * , ending with hdc in ch 2, change to White.

Row 6: ch 2, skip 2 sts, 1 dc in of next dc to ch-2 sp, * 2 dc-ch 2-2 dc in next ch 2 sp, 1 dc in each of next dc to skipped 2 sts, skip 2 sts, 1 dc in each of next dc to ch-2 sp, repeat across from * ending with hdc in ch 2.

Row 7: ch 2, skip 2 sts, 1 dc in each of next dc to ch-2 sp, * 1 dc-ch 2-1 dc (this is a small shell made of a doubleV-st) in next ch 2 space, 1 dc in each of next dc to skipped 2 sts, skip 2 sts, 1 dc in each of next dc to ch-2 sp, repeat across from * ending with hdc in ch 2.

Row 8: ch 2, skip 2 sts, 1 dc in each of next dc to ch-2 sp, * 2 dc-ch 2-2 dc (this is a large shell made of a doubleV-st) in next ch 2 space, 1 dc in each of next dc to skipped 2 sts, skip 2 sts, 1 dc in each of next dc to ch-2 sp, repeat across from * ending with hdc in ch 2.

Alternate Rows 7 & 8. Color scheme is 5 rows green - 3 rows white - 1 row verigated - 3 rows white - 5 rows red - 3 rows white - 1 row verigated - 3 rows white - 5 rows green. The last row will be a small shell row. Replace the small shell with 2 dc-picot(ch3, sl st in first ch) 2 dc. This makes the points very pointy.

With 2 strands of green, make a ch 12-14 inches long and weave through the dc's in row 1 to tie it in place on the tree.

Correction on row 5

Row 5: ch 2, skip 2 sts, dc in next dc, *2 dc-ch 2-2 dc in the ch 2 sp, 1 dc in next dc, skip next 2 dc, 1 dc in next st. repeat across from * , ending with hdc in ch 2, change to White.

Archived