Hello.  My name is Mary and I'm from Albuquerque in New Mexico.  I've been crocheting for more than 30 years.  I enjoy all types of projects but love to create afghans and thread tablecloths and doilies.  I have a small business called "Feelin' Crafty Yarnworks" where most of my completed projects land, but mostly I enjoy sharing what I'm working on with the world.  Here are a couple of projects I've completed.  Looking forward to engaging in this forum.

DSC_0053.JPG

Tribal Blanket.jpg

On 11/9/2017 at 3:48 PM, magiccrochetfan said:

Wow, both of those are gorgeous!  I can imagine the work that went into each one!  What technique is the second one?  

Welcome to the ville!  :hook

Thank you so much.  The 2nd blanket was a pattern by Kathleen Garen called Tribal Cover Up.  It is worked in only one direction using long double crochet in the front loops to create the design.  Really love this blanket and I plan on making more :)

On 11/9/2017 at 4:33 PM, redrosesdz said:

Welcome to Crochetville! 

I agree that they're both gorgeous! I'm partial to pineapple doilies, so I'm in love with the tablecloth. How long did it take you to make it? What size thread?

Thank you!  That tablecloth is a pattern by Elizabeth Hiddleson.  I used size 10 thread in the Natural color and it took about 4 months to make (working weekends and evenings).  I am quite partial to the vintage style thread crochet :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived