Tampa Doll

C’Ville Tote Nov. 2017

Ah Fall, the time for cooler temps., beautiful colors and lots of good food.

As a young girl, I remember looking forward to fall, as we use to rake up piles of leaves in the yard and jump into them.  Don’t know why we did this, but it was fun.  I remember the smell of burning leaves and traveling to see the colors of the trees in the mountains of Pennsylvania and Massachusetts.  It was always fun and beautiful.  It was a great time to go camping also.  Cool nights and even cooler mornings. 

This is also the month of pumpkins to be made into pies and as my Dad liked, mincemeat pie.  Still don’t’ know what that is.  Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and all the trimmings for the Thanksgiving Dinner.

This was one of the Dinners my Dad use to go to the Philadelphia Navy Yard and come home with at least 4 sailors, who could not go home for the holiday.  My Mom loved it, as she would have someone who would eat.  Having 3 girls, we did not eat like these sailors.  It was fun to hear the different accents and learn about where they were from.  I am sure they liked it also, as they got a home cooked meal.

I had trouble trying to figure out what color I wanted.  The dark colors of Autumn or the golds of Autumn.  Then I found, I did not have enough of either to make a full tote, so I used one on one side and the other on the other side and linked them with burnt Pumpkin.  The handles are camel and we have a cream colored flower.

Later I will show you the extra's I added. 

Now it is time for the next tote #140, called Autumn Leaves.

sp F 140 Crochetville CXXXX November Autumn Leaves 2017.JPG

sp B 140 Crochetville CXXXX November Autumn Leaves 2017.JPG

• Like 4

Wow!! Mary jo! That is so so pretty!! Well done! Who knew brown could be so pretty! 

November is such a great month! It has my birthday and a ton of family birthdays! Thanksgiving memories are the best too. I'm not sure what mincemeat pie is either...

my fav. Fall activity is trudging through big piles of crunchy leaves and making paths in them when they carpet the ground. ❤️❤️

• Like 1

Love this two sided tote,somebody is going to be squealing loud with joy.  I don't like mincemeat pie,I have never liked it,but I think that is because my family put some kind of alcohol in it and I have never liked that either.  My family thinks I'm a bit weird because I don't drink alcohol,but that's okay just leaves more money for yarn. ;)

• Like 2

Thank you all.  I had fun with this tote.  I hope to get it packed up today to go out tomorrow.

We always had pumpkin, apple and mincemeat pies.  Dad was the only one who ate the mincemeat.

Can't do the walking thru the leaves here, most trees are still all green and will stay that way.

Good Morning.  Been busy changing over from Halloween to Thanksgiving.

The tote is now waiting to be picked up.

I am going to give a couple of clues, but this is an easy state.

One of the original colonies.

Famous People from this state:  Elizabeth Dole, Billy Graham, Andrew Johnson, Dolly Madison and James K. Polk.

Have fun.

Box-Clues (4).JPG

• Like 1

beautiful!!! I love how you came up with a way to use the two colors! 

I have a picture somewhere of a huge black male GSD who loved laying in the huge piles of leaves we would rake up  with just his head showing...  we can't rake any more, but I do toss the leaves in the air for our Miss Lucy, who still acts like a puppy! And November starts our thoughts going to December, with birthday and anniversary celebrations - not to mention Christmas!

Good Morning.  I checked the USPS an the tote has left Yabor City and on it's way.  They also say it should be delivered tomorrow.

Let's see if we can get some more clues here.

This state had a colony that was lost when the ships returned.  They never found out what happened in this colony.

Virginia Dare, born there in 1587, was the first child of English parentage born in America.

Have fun.

Mary Jo ,

I'm sure everyone  heard my squeals of delight  when I opened the box and found the November bag in such beautiful fall colors. Thank you for the turkey, the broom doll, and the leaf scrubby that go with the bag. I've never been so surprised in my life! This has been a tough week. We've been renovating our master bath, the foyer , and

the car port .  They have finally finished . It was so nice to get something that was unexpected that was good for a change.Glad to be bag lady #140.if you ever need my help for any thing ,you've got it.

Anne Greene (ansept)

• Like 1

So glad you got the tote and liked it. 

Enjoy and I do hope it serves you well.

I do not envy you have renovations done.  We are looking at redoing the floor in our master bath, that will be after the trees are trimmed.

Enjoy your goodies.