Stuck on a Pattern for Santa's Feet!

Ashy251

Question

I am currently making a small crocheted Santa. All has been going well but I am completely stuck on the last 2 pieces, his feet!

The pattern reads as follows:

Make 5ch

Round 1: Starting in the second ch from hook, 3dc, 3dc in last ch, work along opposite side of ch as folls: 2dc, 2dc in next ch (10 sts)

Round 2: (2dc in next st, 2dc in next st, 3dc in next st) twice (18 sts)

Round 3: working in back loops only, 1dc in each st to end

Round 4: 1dc in each st to end 

Round 5: 4dc, (dc2tog) three times, 6dc (12 sts)

Round 7-9: 1dc in each st to end Fasten off, leaving a long tail 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am stuck halfway on Round 1 where it tells you to '' work along opposite side of ch as folls : 2dc, 2dc in next ch'' I have been left bamboozled with a lump of stitches on my hook. Please help.

IMG_0977.jpg

IMG_0978.JPG

4 answers to this question

Welcome to Crochetville! 

When you chain, there are 3 strands of yarn... the top 2 strands and the back bump. When you crochet into a chain, you use 1 or 2 of those strands, depending on where you insert your hook. The other strand(s) are unsed and sit under the stitches. 

When you work on the opposite side of the chain, you're going to do stitches in the unused strand(s). This makes an oval.

Chain 5.

Do a UK dc in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th chains.

Do 3 UK dc in the 5th chain, which is the end. As you do the 3 stitches, rotate your work so that the bottom is on top.

Do 2 UK dc stitches in the unused strands of the original chain, underneath the 4th & 3rd stitches. 

Do 2 UK dc stitches underneath the 2nd stitch. 

(Hi Kathy! You hit send before me again! Lol. She's doing a UK pattern, so do you have an sc tutorial link?)

Hi Sharon, I know the tutorial shows US dc but I think the tutorial shows the basics, that are the same for any stitch.  Stitch height won't make much difference.  

Funny thing, I looked at the pic and saw US sc, then didn't even realize the pattern said dc.  Lol

Archived