using up scraps for a orgami Pot Holder

Aisles

I had a accident at college on Thursday to my right knee.  I'm now in a lot of pain and confind to complete bedrest and meds.  I've damaged the ligaments.

To try and be constructive and take my mind off the knee I decided to go through a large bag of ends of balls of yarn a friend gave me at Craft Club.

I sorted the into yarn type and colour into bags all over my bed.  But I had one bag with just scrap ends.  I had my crochet hook and knitting needles on the bed and decided to use up the scraps.

First item off was this orgami type crochet pot holder.

DSCF0336.JPG

DSCF0337.JPG

I then tried to work out if I could do the same proceedure by knitting in the round.  I made this very small one as a test.  It ends up having 2 seams rather than the one you get when crocheting but I think it still works as well.

DSCF0338.JPG

DSCF0339.JPG

Indeed the toe up would work just I used one of my knitting needles in the round with too small a length I should have used a 80cm one rather than a 40cm one or could have used a set of my Double Ended Knitting Needles but they were all down stairs and I couldn't get down the stairs due to my knee in order to fetch them out.

I will have another go at the weekend.

• 1 month later...

Archived