Jump to content
USpolishgirl

Traditional Daisy Basket:)

Recommended Posts

Hello Everyone:)

Just now I took a picture of that one basket. That will be set of 3 baskets. This one is the medium size  (6,5 wide x 3,5") tall. I am almost done with the other two. I was going to crochet those baskets in June for a gift  for a friend. She like's blue color:). 

 I am very late with that gift. I do not like to be late for/with anything. But, I have unexpected illness in a family & I need to help out when they need me.

Happy crocheting :cheer

Krys

PS: I think those pictures came out too dark.

DSC01251.JPG

DSC01264.JPG

Edited by USpolishgirl
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very pretty baskets. I know they will be greatly appreciated. 

I don't think the photos are too dark. It's just the way the dark wood shows. In fact, I like the way the basket colors contrast with the wood color. The eye is drawn directly to them which is what you want in a photo. About the only thing I would change is the lamplight reflecting on the wood. Great job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks:)

I did not even knew that light from that lamp is showing up on that hi gloss finish of that dresser. I guess I was not looking much at that LOL. I will replace that picture I have one or two more in my camera.

Krys

PS: I changed that "bad" picture already:)

Edited by USpolishgirl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is so pretty and yes the colors stand out against the dark wood.  You can never go wrong with blue and white.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The basket is gorgeous! You've got a talent for adding the perfect appliques to everything you make. :)

How do you get your baskets stiff? I made a basket and I spent more time trying to get it stiff, than making it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is great!  The blue is such a great color with the daisies.  And on my monitor, it looks fine contrast-wise.  Is there a plastic bowl inside (2 crocheted bowls sewn together by the ribbon perhaps)?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Krys its absolutely beautiful.  I am biased toward blue as its my favorite color.  The daisies are perfect on it.  I am sure your friend will love them and think it was worth the wait for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2017 at 6:26 AM, redrosesdz said:

The basket is gorgeous! You've got a talent for adding the perfect appliques to everything you make. :)

How do you get your baskets stiff? I made a basket and I spent more time trying to get it stiff, than making it.

Thank You,

I get those baskets looking stiff by using much smaller hook and crocheting VERY tight (2.75mm hook with WW yarn). That kind of crocheting is not easy on hands and it dos not work very fast. I crochet all my amigurumi that way.  

 I did crochet that "lace" as a separate piece  and than crochet that together (on top) with sc reverse stitch. I done that for a reason and that was to create thicker edge on very top by connecting two pieces together. That helps to keep that round shape on top because of that thickness - two fabrics together.

I did not used any stiffer yet. 

Krys

Edited by USpolishgirl
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2017 at 10:34 AM, Granny Square said:

That is great!  The blue is such a great color with the daisies.  And on my monitor, it looks fine contrast-wise.  Is there a plastic bowl inside (2 crocheted bowls sewn together by the ribbon perhaps)?

THANKS:)

No, there is no plastic bowl inside:)

If you are interested, I did explained above how I made that basket.

Krys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the info!  It was just so perfectly shaped I thought maybe it had a little 'help" ;)

If you're interested - this might save your hands a bit, there are patterns for making stiff(er) baskets by crocheting around a clothesline. Here's a link with a free pattern and generic instructions...the page is to an alphabetical menu, scroll down to clothesline crochet  http://priscillascrochet.net/freepatterns.html#clothesline

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Granny Square said:

Thanks for the info!  It was just so perfectly shaped I thought maybe it had a little 'help" ;)

If you're interested - this might save your hands a bit, there are patterns for making stiff(er) baskets by crocheting around a clothesline. Here's a link with a free pattern and generic instructions...the page is to an alphabetical menu, scroll down to clothesline crochet  http://priscillascrochet.net/freepatterns.html#clothesline

Thank you:). That is a good idea and a very pretty basket with that lid. 

I do not crochet many baskets. I did crochet couple smaller size before. 

My love stays with amigurumi . That is my first bigger size basket and probably the last LOL, (it is a set of 3).  I will post picture of all of them when I finish them.  Now as I am thinking I might gift them away individually. Because that might be just too many Daisy's for one home! LOL 

Krys

 

Edited by USpolishgirl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×