I'd love to see a board where you can set up crochet groups. My local area has no crochet groups, and I've done a lot of looking. It would be awesome to have a forum where people can connect and make plans to meet at a coffee shop or something and crochet with company! It's always more fun with a cup of coffee and a friend.

Have you tried to start your own group? It would take time & effort, but shouldn't cost anything. First find a place that the owner or manager or pastor approves of a group meeting regularly. Next post as many fliers as you can. Most grocery stores have free community bulletin boards. If there's a local yarn store, they may be willing to host and advertise. Don't forget the free advertising online, fb, craigslist, twitter, etc. Meetup.com costs to advertise, but it works. Also, tell people that you see buying yarn, wherever you buy your yarn. Lastly, keep showing up and staying the whole time, even if no one else is there. It's worth a try.

I was able to start a local group about 9 yrs ago (can't believe it's been that long!)   I posted in the Seeking Local Crocheters section here but honestly in all the years, this only resulted in one new member.  I'm definitely glad about that, she is a hoot.  But the place where i had the most luck finding interested people was on another site, Ravelry.  Have you signed up there yet?  It is a very large site with literally millions of members.  There is a preponderance of knitters, but also many crocheters and people who are bi- or multi-craftual.  If you are interested in that, I can give you some pointers on using the site's resources, if you want.  

One thing I think really contributed to the success/longevity of our group is that we are open to any fiber art, not only crocheting.  The majority of the group do crochet, but there's a real mix of crafts.  I think in a small town/rural area it is easier to find members if the group is open to a bigger range of crafts.  But most important, I can learn a lot from quilters, or embroiderers, for example, about color blending, inspiration, etc.  And it's really fun to see the projects in progress even when I don't do the specific craft myself.   So I'd encourage you to consider being open to other fiber arts.  

We've also gained new members by word of mouth, from a listing that was posted in a Local Yarn Shop (LYS), and since we usually meet at the public library the staff there have told people about it.  

• Like 1

I started a crochet class way back in 2010, at our local Senior Center, and we're still going yet today!  We've expanded our meetings to 3 days a week, and make prayer shawls for our local Hospice Prayer Shawl Ministry, and lap afghans for Veterans' hospitals.  We try to get  booths in our local craft fairs, and sell everything from finger less gloves to hats, to Christmas decorations, to toys, to...whatever comes along and grabs our eye!  Most of all---we have FUN!!!