My daughter's have finally done it!

I've been teacihng my oldest to crochet and she works on her stitches off and on. Yesterday she asked me to teach her to make a scrappie ( little crochet monster I posted on here) and tonight during family night she finished it up! She even gave it to her sister as a gift.

My little one (6 years old) has been making chains and tonight asked me to teach her how to do a single crochet. Well after showing her how to do it, she picked it up and has made 2 rows all on her own. She was so excited. I think I was more excited though.

My oldest wants to learn to do a hat now and my youngest wants to make a scarf. I am just so proud of the two of them. I am so glad that I can share my love of crocheting with them and spend time with them crocheting.

Just had to share. I'll post pics later on tomorrow.

My 11 yo daughter wanted me to teach her to crochet. She has trouble with getting all the stitches the same size but is getting a lot better with keeping the same amount of stitches in each row! :) She is working on simple squares to sew together as a dog blanket but doesn't always have the patience to make more than a few rows at a time. She sounds a lot like me when I was her age! :lol

I think that is just awesome! To hand down such a precious gift as teaching the art of crochet is something they will always keep with them forever! I am so happy for you, and for crochet!

That is so cool, congrats! I can just imagine how excited you must feel. :yay

When she was younger, my daughter showed no interest in learning how to crochet. When I picked it back up last year after being away for far too long about 15 years, she watched me work on my various projects and politely listened as I babbled on excitedly about yarn and patterns and everything crochet, but still showed little inclination to learn. But the sneaky little brat was learning, lol! She surprised me this year when she showed up to work one day with an afghan project she'd started (in Homespun!), she needed a little help with it. And here I'd thought she wasn't interested at all and was just humoring mom with her attention to my babbling! Now she's working on a baby blanket for a coworker. :hook I must admit it's a gratifyingly warm feeling to sit at lunch crocheting together, never thought I'd see the day. :c9

How's that saying go? "The family that crochets together..." Well, something like that anyway!

That's awesome that your kids want to learn.

Knitting and crochet has really been a bond between my mom and I. It was really inportant to both of us when I got in HS. By talking while working on projects, she really got me though some rough spots. Then I stoped in college ( no time to sleep, let along crochet/knit). And somehow my mom stoped. We were slowly drifting apart as can happen when the kid's in her 20s and lives on her own. I picked up crochet again, and that inspired my mom to knit again (she never crocheted 'cuase her mom does). It's made a HUGE differance in our relationship. It has brought us back together again. I can't explain how much working on projects and talking or going and checking out LYS has really helped us bond. We both enjoy the time.

Archived