Crocheting in the round

cindyjj

I'm making a bootie slipper with single crochet over the toe, then half double up the foot to the heel.  How do you go from single to double (and vice versa later) without making a jog?  If you can point me to a YouTube tutorial, that would be helpful.  I looked but only found them for stripes/yarn colour. 

Hi  and Welcome    to Crochetville from the Gulf Coast of Florida.

Grab your yarn and hooks, put your feet up and sit a spell.

You would get more answers to your question, if you post in the General Crochet Help section.  I wish I could help, but I am no good with clothing.

Welcome to Crochetville! 

Are you doing a spiral or joined rounds? What is a jog? Is that a bump in the fabric? 

You can make an sc and a taller stitch next to each other. The taller stitch will be flatter than normal. There's a pattern called up and down that is alternate sc, dc. 

If you're doing a spiral, just make the first stitch of the foot round an hdc. Or switch it to joining at the end of the toe rounds. If you're joining, just ch 2 at the beginning of the hdc rounds, instead of the ch 1.

I hope this helps. If it doesn't, maybe I don't understand what you're asking. Let us know either way. 

Hello and Welcome :clap

If the rounds are made in spiral that change from single to double it will make that "jog". That change will be very visible and will not look very good.  If those rounds are joint, that change in stitches should look fine.

Krys

I don't think you can avoid a jog in this instance.  You could either:

1 - Start over again and make the rounds joined.  This will avoid any jogs.

2 - You can find a point where it is less likely to be seen and start the 'new' round from there, like under the arch of the foot maybe?

Spiral rounds are good for amigurumi where only sc is used (and as I learnt recently, if you use one colour) otherwise I would stick to joined rounds.

I hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/30/2017 at 5:44 AM, Rennie1989 said:

I don't think you can avoid a jog in this instance.  You could either:

1 - Start over again and make the rounds joined.  This will avoid any jogs.

2 - You can find a point where it is less likely to be seen and start the 'new' round from there, like under the arch of the foot maybe?

Spiral rounds are good for amigurumi where only sc is used (and as I learnt recently, if you use one colour) otherwise I would stick to joined rounds.

I hope this helps.

Spiral rounds are not only used in sc with amigurumi. It is used for many other things....... Spiral rounds can be done in dc too. While ago I done a blanket in spiral dc (2 colors-swirl). That turned  very out nice.

Archived