richsgirl

Crochenit Afghan

This afghan was 4 years in the making! My son was 10 when I started it and is now 14. Whew. Of course I haven't been working on it non stop for four years but had 2 children and a grandchild during that time period. I am really happy with the way it came out. I love the reversible look. They have a cabled crochenit hook which is what I used for this. The edging he picked out of a book of afghan edgings. No idea why he wanted the purple in the edging but that's ok! Extremely looking forward to moving on to smaller projects....like slippers. :) 

My crochetville bag held it all though! Both skeins of yarn and the full size afghan!

afghan draped.jpg

dark side.jpg

edging.jpg

light side.jpg

• Like 2

Wow! That is very pretty. 4 years huh? I too had a WIP-Tunisian afghan that took that long to make. I was happy to see it go out the door to it's loving home.

I haven't had my double-end hooks out in ages. What stitch did you use!

• Like 1

Wow! It's gorgeous! The border works. The colors reminds me of an afghan I made (black, baby blue, & purple.) They shouldn't work as a trio, but they do.

Kudos to you for getting it done! Large afghans are tedious plus all the same stitches are tedious, but so worth it in the end. :)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ReniC said:

Wow! That is very pretty. 4 years huh? I too had a WIP-Tunisian afghan that took that long to make. I was happy to see it go out the door to it's loving home.

I haven't had my double-end hooks out in ages. What stitch did you use!

I have noooo idea what the stitch is actually called. It was a pattern in a crochenit baby afghan booklet. Most of it entailed yarning over and taking 3 loops off the hook then chaining 1. It was easy. If you want the name of the booklet let me know.

8 hours ago, richsgirl said:

I have noooo idea what the stitch is actually called. It was a pattern in a crochenit baby afghan booklet. Most of it entailed yarning over and taking 3 loops off the hook then chaining 1. It was easy. If you want the name of the booklet let me know.

Please do tell the name of the booklet. I love the reversible look to the stitch. Thanks Courtney!

Edited by ReniC

Its called crochenit beautiful baby afghans 6 designs. It's an annie's attic booklet. This one was the last pattern in the book. I just made it into a bigger afghan than what the pattern called for.

Oh wow that is so cool and the border is perfect.  I have a project hidden somewhere here, that I just can not get motivated to finish.

Great work and beautiful afghan.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, richsgirl said:

Its called crochenit beautiful baby afghans 6 designs. It's an annie's attic booklet. This one was the last pattern in the book. I just made it into a bigger afghan than what the pattern called for.

Thank you Courtney. I thought I had that issue, but, I don't. I'll start a search to see if I can locate it.

Very nice work. It is difficult to complete a project that involves that period of time, but you did it! Congratulations.