Is this pattern right?

Elorahd

Question

16 answers to this question

I have had to remove the screenshots of images from the blog as well as the link to the blog in question, as it does appear to be one of those questionable blogs that posts copyrighted photos and pattern charts without permission from the copyright holders. (At the very least, I was unable to find any claims they made that they had permission to do so.)

We are very happy to provide assistance with patterns, but we must do so while respecting copyright law. That means please only post photos that you have taken yourself. Don't upload photos or screenshots from other sites. Provide us with a link to the page or pattern in question. If it's on a legitimate site, there's no problem. Unfortunately, if it's on something posted on a site like the one in question, we may not be able to allow the link.

And don't worry: Most sites are legitimate. :)

58 minutes ago, magiccrochetfan said:

I think the blog it's on just takes photos and finds a diagram somewhere that looks kinda sorta similar (well similar enough that I for one initially thought they were identical!)  and posts both.  the blog seems to be full of pirated stuff, scans or whatever pulled form other places online.  

I agree. It's a shame there seem to be more that do that on foreign sites too.

1 hour ago, sarisue said:

I tried to  find the original picture of the sweater but couldn't. I could be wrong but It   looks to me like it was a sweater  for sale at one time, and someone decided to make a similiar pattern and that's why they don't match.

I think the blog it's on just takes photos and finds a diagram somewhere that looks kinda sorta similar (well similar enough that I for one initially thought they were identical!)  and posts both.  the blog seems to be full of pirated stuff, scans or whatever pulled form other places online.  

I tried to  find the original picture of the sweater but couldn't. I could be wrong but It   looks to me like it was a sweater  for sale at one time, and someone decided to make a similiar pattern and that's why they don't match.

Hi redrosesdz

Green Queen wrote that a cluster is 2 dc in the same stitch. It's above the pattern. So, do 2 dc in the 3rd stitch. 

Chains are not done in a stitch. So, you're going to chain 2, and then you dc in the same stitch. Same stitch means to insert your hook in the same place as the stitch you just did. In this pattern it's where you did the slip stitch. 

When you're crocheting the default is to make a stitch in the next stitch. However, you can insert your hook in different places. Patterns tell you where, when it's not the default...

Same: insert your hook where you did the previous stitch 

Next: insert your hook in the next X, where X is something you did previously. For example, next ch sp or next dc.

Skip: insert your hook in the stitch after skipping # of stitches. 

There are others, like go back for cabling or rows down for posts, but the 3 instructions above are the most common. 

:waving@sarisue

it means to do a cluster in the third stitch from the one you are now using.  2dc ch 2 2dc all in same stitch means after you do the first dc in the stitch do another ch 1 then do 2dc all next to each other in that same stitch.

You need to remove the comments section from the post also.

If a diagram helps, see this for a lacet stitch - the sweater is a lacet with a rectangle over it in the next row, except the DCs show in in the below filet stitch instructions are replaced by either a 2DC cluster as the person in the blog comments says, or possibly a DC-CH-DC V stitch, in the sweater version.  Scroll down a bit, lacets and rectangles are near the bottom http://www.hassdesign.com/BasicFiletTechniques/

13 minutes ago, magiccrochetfan said:

hmmm I thought they did....

Oh!  it's just a v stitch, not a 2dc-ch-2dc shell---is that what you are seeing, Sarisue?  

yes the picture is a different stitch and is more open than the diagram. 

That's what I'm seeing. There's way too many dc's in the pattern. Just doing the first part of it, it looked a lot thicker than the picture.

Sorry about posting pics of the pattern but the link was really annoying and wouldn't let you see the pattern unless you signed up for their blog.

23 minutes ago, sarisue said:

I don't know about the pattern but   the pictures and the diagram don't match.

hmmm I thought they did....

Oh!  it's just a v stitch, not a 2dc-ch-2dc shell---is that what you are seeing, Sarisue?  

This is related to this post.  sweater    It might be  where the op of that post got her directions when she asked about the extra 3 which turned out to be just for row 3. 

I don't know about the pattern but   the pictures and the diagram don't match.

look in the comments section here  [link removed] someone gives the directions for the sweater pictured.

I went over the directions and the diagram and they do match except for row 2 leave out the ch 3 at the end.  if you wanted to make that one you just won't have a picture to see it.

well, first, rather than post the whole pattern here it would be better to link to the blog it's on.  posting whole pattern violates the copyright , thus forum guidelines (which can be viewed in the town Hall section of the forums) 

but are you asking if the stitch diagram is right?  if that's your question, my answer is yes it looks about right to me.  swatch it, block it,  and see how the fabric looks to you...that would be my advice :-)  

Archived