Help Me With Turning Please

OutWithStout

Question

I also have a question myself, if someone could help.

I'm working with a sweater pattern, and when I reached the end of my first row (using double crochet), it says, chain 3 turn 3, then continues on with the pattern for that row.

So my question is, what does turn three mean? Nothing I can find on the internet is helping.

From this:

"repeat ** until the end of the row sk 3 , 1dc, ch 3 turn 3. Ch5, 1sc in the first ch space,"

6 answers to this question

hi, welcome to the ville!  
i think it's just a typo.  there is no standard "turn 3" maneuver in crocheting.  if this is something that the writer of this specific pattern invented for the pattern, it should be spelled out somewhere in the pattern.  it also makes no sense really to say chain 3, turn, and then to say chain 5.  what is the name and location of the pattern?  

Hiya GrannySquare!   i'm also confused by the ch3, turn, ch 5.  that makes no sense to me, does it to you?  

Hi Magic!  I'm guessing the pattern 'matches' at each end with a DC, the chain 3 (probably) stands in for a DC at the beginning of the next row, and the chain 5 is the start of a lacy pattern.  But you're right, they could have also said chain 8...some patterns spell out that sort of thing -- "chain 8 to count as DC plus chain-5 loop" for example, and maybe it was written that way the first time it came up, and the 3 + 5 was used as a briefer description in later rows...maybe? .

Heres a pattern that has those directions but here it shows the 3 as row 3. There is a diagram which doesn't match the directions as it doeant have the ch 3 there. Also the pictures show a diffferent pattern so I wonder what her pattern is.

boho sweater

Archived