2018 coastal lattice herrshners calendar help

Robdeb

Question

Need help to make v. Directions chain 4 turn *sk next 3 sts,tr in next stitch, working in front of tr just made, tr in 3 skipped sts**,sk next st, tr in next 3 sts, working behind 3 tr just made, tr in skipped st; rep from * across ending last repeat at **,tr in last st. (23 1/2  vs).  

image.jpg

5 answers to this question

Welcome to Crochetville! 

I'm glad you reposted. Your first post was in a section where we couldn't reply.

The instructions are for the diamond section. See how there are diagonal stitches in front of the normal vertical stitches? That's what you're doing.

The row is a wrong side row. This means that the vertical stitches are on the side you see as you're working the row. The diagonal stitches will show on the other side (right side.) You'll see them when you turn to do the next row.

Each "section" is done in 4 stitches. 3 of the stitches are normal and 1 is diagonal. There are 2 different "sections."

Section 1: skip 3 stitches. Do a tr in the next stitch. This makes a diagonal stitch. Now go back and do a normal tr in each of the 3 stitches that you skipped. Make sure that the diagonal crosses in back of the 3 stitches.

Section 2: skip 1 stitch. Do a normal tr in each of the next 3 stitches. Now go back and do a tr in the skipped stitch. This makes the diagonal stitch. Make sure that the diagonal crosses in back of the 3 stitches. 

Alternate sections 1 & 2 across. End with a tr in the last stitch. 

When you turn, you're going to do the same thing, except the diagonals will be in the front of the 3 normal stitches. 

I hope this makes sense! Please let me know.

Yeah, cables are often easier one direction than the other direction. 

It might help on row 2 to think of each one like > and < signs. Each diagonal stitch attaches to the point on the row below. The normal stitches attach to the normal stitches below. 

If you're having trouble crocheting behind or in front of stitches, try inserting a stick (pencil, knitting needle, crochet hook, etc.) to hold the stitch(es).

Archived