RED DOG

Pattern help

I have finished the middle of my doily which is a pumpkin now I am joining the white.  RD 1 Join white with sc in any ch sp, (ch5, sc in next ch sp) around to join, (72 ch sps)

Rnds2-7: Ch1, sc in ch sp just made,  {ch5, sc in next ch sp} around, to join, ch2, dc in first sc forming last ch sp.

Rnds8-1l: Ch1, (sc, ch3, sc) in ch sp just made, {Ch 5, sc, ch3, sc } in next ch sp } around, to join, ch2 dc in first sc forming last ch sp.  

The last time it is mentioned how many ch sps you should have is RD 1.  Each time I do a round I am increasing and by the time I get to round 11, I know I have too many stitches.  I would appreciate any help.  Thanks

What's the link to the pattern? Rnds 1-7 are common and have no increases. Rnds 8-11 looks like an increase in every ch-5 space. If you repeat rnd 8 and did the instructions in both the ch-5 and ch-3 spaces, you'd double the ch sp count each round. Something isn't right. I could see doing rnd 8, and then going back to repeating rnd 2. Seeing a pic would help to solve this.

6 minutes ago, RED DOG said:

I hope this helps.  Thanks for responding.

Red dog, 2 things:  You have posted this in the Board Help section, which is really supposed to be for questions about how the forums work.  Your question is about how to execute a pattern, so it would fir better in the Crochet Help section.  I'd suggest the General Crochet Help part.  You will probably get more answers there.

Second, You should probably go to the Town Hall section and review the site guidelines.  Posting photos of a pattern, or big chunks of a pattern violates the copyright of the pattern and thus the site guidelines.  it's ok to type out a few lines of a pattern, but not great big sections of it.  

Kathy is right about both things. I didn't motice the section. Otherwise I would have said the same thing.  You should remove the pics. 

However, now that I've seen the pic, I get what the problem is. Rnds 8-11 should read {...} in next ch-5 sp. The sc,ch3,sc is decorative and is the same function as the sc in rnds 1-7. So, your count is the same.

What I don't get is why there are no increases in 11 rounds. The ch5,sc around is a very stretchy combination, however 11 rounds seems like a lot without any increases.

Check your ch-5 sp count at the end of rnd 7. Is it 72? If yes, then you should be fine with rnds 8-11. Just do the sc,ch3,sc in the ch-5 spaces to keep the same count. If no, something is wrong with how you're doing rnds 2-7. Either way, let us know.

Edited by redrosesdz