Summer Circle Polero

Rainbowis

Question

11 answers to this question

First count to be sure you have the right number of sts at the end of row 22.   Now, Look at the schematic, see how there's the circle in the middle.  That circle is what you've made so far.  (For now, ignore the sleeves)  Next you are going to make the rectangle shapes the extend from the sides of the central circle.  You will not stitch into the forty sts at the top and bottom of the circle.  You wil stop working in the round, instead you will work back and forth in rows on the 89 sts on the side of the circle, to make the left front.  The do the same on the other edge.  

Does that make sense so far?  

While making the left and right sides, you're going to decrease 3 stitches at the end of each row. The tip tells you how to do the decrease.

Work the row until there are 3 stitches left.

Make 3 smaller stitches in the last 3 stitches. (UK - tr, htr, dc OR US - dc, hdc, sc). 

Turn, ch 1. Skip the first stitch. Slip stitch in the next 2 stitches. Do a UK dc (US sc) in the next stitch. 

Continue working the row.

15 hours ago, redrosesdz said:

While making the left and right sides, you're going to decrease 3 stitches at the end of each row. The tip tells you how to do the decrease.

Work the row until there are 3 stitches left.

Make 3 smaller stitches in the last 3 stitches. (UK - tr, htr, dc OR US - dc, hdc, sc). 

Turn, ch 1. Skip the first stitch. Slip stitch in the next 2 stitches. Do a UK dc (US sc) in the next stitch. 

Continue working the row.

Thank you :*

what about the beginning??

4 minutes ago, redrosesdz said:

The instructions say to only decrease at the end of each row.

Follow the instructions until you get to the last 3 stitches. Then follow the decrease instructions. 

LEFT FRONT PIECE - ALL SIZES: 
= 79-81-89 dtr. Insert a marker after 23-24-27 sts in from each side (= 33-33-35 sts between markers). Then work dtr back and forth over these sts while at the same time inc 1 st at every marker on every row (i.e. inc 2 sts on row, inc alternately before and after marker) and dec 3 sts at end and beg of every row in each side – SEE DECREASE TIP 1 until a total of 6-8-12 rows back and forth have been worked = 55-49-41 dtr.

Look at the decrease instructions in the pattern and my explanation above. It explains what to do with the last 3 stitches at the end of the row and then it explains what to with those same 3 stitches at the beginning of the next row. See the word turn? That marks the instructions for the next row. 

That's what it means by "end and beg". The end of row part makes smaller stitches and then the beginning of row part skips them with slip stitches. The combination of both parts decreases the end by 3 stitches. 

I can see why you got confused. Is it clearer now?

4 minutes ago, redrosesdz said:

Look at the decrease instructions in the pattern and my explanation above. It explains what to do with the last 3 stitches at the end of the row and then it explains what to with those same 3 stitches at the beginning of the next row. See the word turn? That marks the instructions for the next row. 

That's what it means by "end and beg". The end of row part makes smaller stitches and then the beginning of row part skips them with slip stitches. The combination of both parts decreases the end by 3 stitches. 

I can see why you got confused. Is it clearer now?

thank you :)

Archived