JusOneKiss

Red Heart Parrot Stripe made by Crochet and Addi Knitting machine

My 12 yr old was looking at my FB pages concerning crochet and was appalled to see a bunch of women downgrading the circular knitting machines as being "useless" (we have the Addi kitting express and several other less expensive machines).  She decided to prove those people wrong.  Attached please see a blanket made with 10 tubes which are 83 rounds in length on the addi.  I slip stitched the ends of the tubes, single crocheted down each tube and the joined the tubes with a slip stitch.  The enitre blanket has 1 single crochet around it, a row of double crochet, then about 10 rows of alternating front post stitch and back post stitch.  The border helped to give the blanket some weight and kept the tubes from stretching (knitting being much more stretchy than crochet).  I told her I'd be posting this as being a "joint project" with my 12 yr old daughter being the main contribution.  This blanket is very soft and warm (thanks to the tubes providing a double knit). Thanks for looking ladies and gents and have a fabulous day.

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

IMG_0009.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

Edited by JusOneKiss

That is awesome!! You have an awesome daughter!

It's a lovely blanket well done to you both and so nice that you were both able to work together on it