Aunt dots double cross afghan pattern

Carol kirby

Question

6 answers to this question

Welcome to the 'ville!

Sadly, Carol Wolf has removed her patterns from the 'net because she was getting pirated (people were copying her patterns and selling them as theirs).  And per the rules of this forum and copyright laws, if any of us had a copy we couldn't share it.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/aunt-dots-double-crossed-afghan

I can't quite tell what the stitch pattern is, but probably no one but a fellow crafter would know if you didn't just make a 2-color striped blanket using SC, then making a 2-color border in SC with a picot edge (or HDC, maybe).  Or, 'play with' some SC variations.  I can't quite see the stitch well enough to guess what it might be.  Here's a link to a bunch of stitches - I haven't figured out how they sort the main crochet page, but if you go to  http://newstitchaday.com/category/stitchionary/crochet-stitches/  you might find something (this site used to be organized better, or I'm just missing something).  Here's another site, I was thinking it might be a paired stitch, which is here (plus some others that might be interesting) 

I think it is disgusting that someone would do that. I always make sure the designer's name is in the pattern document. If it is in PDF format, I make an extra Word document so I can record the designer's name and link.

I design patterns for the fun of it and share them. I've recently read where people are "hijacking" designs and think it is as disgusting as hacking.

This site allows links to sites that legitimately sells or gives patterns. Sites like the wayback machine, pinterest, ect. are excluded. If a site or page on a site, that includes an entire pattern, wasn't published by the pattern's owner, it's not allowed. The wayback machine is a copy of an original page. The original page may have been created by the owner, but the copy is not.

Since the original poster's question has been answered, I am going to close this thread.

If anyone wants additional information on why we do not allow links to patterns in the Wayback Machine, you can consult our Terms of Use for more information. You're also welcome to send us a message, and we'll talk with you privately about our site policies.

Archived