Patriotic Wreath

USpolishgirl

Hello Everyone:)

Here is a picture of a wreath I made for my daughter. That PIN on the right side it is NOT there (that was temporary). That was just my granddaughter idea, she pin that on that wreath saying: "that looks nice" LOL. I did took another picture without that but I guess I must of delete that by mistake.

That wreath is 12" in diameter. I seen a picture of something very similar on internet. I like that and I made that:).
Those are red tiny hearts in the middle of each star.

I hope everyone had a Great Labor Day weekend:)
Krys
PS: I was trying to post that last week but C'ville was down.

DSC01115.JPG

Thank you girls:)

I got that idea from a picture and I made that wreath without a pattern.

Very easy to make, like a long scarf :). You just need to make a swatch to find out how long chain you need to start with (so that would go over that Styrofoam form wreath snug (not to tight and not to loose.

That red & white part is done with blsc. That is what creates that "accordion look". I did that blue part with sc. Because that blue part I needed flat not up & down like an accordion. So I could glue those stars on a FLAT surface (not up & down), That would not look good LOL.

You do need to get that Styrofoam form first  before you start working on that ( you can make ANY size you want). That way you will know how many chains you have to start with and how many rows of each color you will need to crochet. My plan was simple. I was looking at that Styrofoam form as I look a clock.  Red & white stripes needed to cover that part from 8:00 o clock to 12:00 o clock and the blue color from 12:00 o clock to 8:00 o clock, it is that simple :).

I do not write patterns. Anyway that was another person idea not mine. It is very possible that you could find a very similar pattern for that on Internet. I only saved a picture, that was long time ago. 

I used RHSS yarn & #5 hook for that wreath. For stars I used crochet thread #10 & smaller hook. If you would like you can make bigger stars using ticker thread #20

I hope that will be some help to you:)

Krys

Here is a pattern for that star.  Very short pattern LOL:

Star:

Start with magic ring and Ch 1.  Work in that ring: 1 sc, 1dc, ch 2, 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook, 1 dc. Repeat that 4 more times. You will have a 5 points star. Weave the ends.

Krys

Archived