Tampa Doll

C’Ville Tote Sept. 2017

In sept. our thoughts turn to fall.  It is not far now and soon the hot sun and humidity will be gone.

Growing up we always went back to school the day after Labor Day. Till 9th grade, we went to school with everyone in the neighborhood.  Our grade school was from kindergarten to 8th grade.  We then went, on a bus, (scary):eek to the middle school for one year and finally back on the bus to High School.  From 9th to 12th we made new friends from all over the city.  We lived in a small section of Camden at the end of the city and our town along with another was originally built for the workers of the Yorkship Ship Yard.  One of the ships built there was the Kitty Hawk in 1967.  Now I am showing my age.

Growing up in this small section of Camden, we were almost our own town.  Labor Day, meant a parade and speeches in the center of the town, or the square.  It also meant shutting down the street and having a party to celebrate the end of summer. 

This month’s tote is made with Peaches N Cream Chocolate Ombre’, Dark Brown and Orange.  The pocket was Aunt Lydia, Ecru, Fudge Brown and Melon.

I have added a nice wigglie hot pad to match the tote, or did I match the tote to the hot pad?

Tot #138 Fall Splendar.

More Pictures

sp 138 Crochetville CXXXVIII Sept Fall Splendar  2017.JPG

• Like 3

I love the colors! I love fall because of the beautiful leaves in orange, yellow and red. You captured fall perfectly. Now I'm excited for the leaves to change. 

• Like 1

Very nice, looking forward to fall weather but I'm sure it'll come soon enough (we're supposed to be near 100 for a while, surrounded by forest fire smoke, gaak).  I like that wiggly pad, I have the pattern and have been 'meaning to get to it' since it came out..um, ages ago. :blush

• Like 1

Beautiful Bag! Fall was always my favorite season when we lived up north. Here in south Florida we don't see much of change between summer and fall, the temps do drop a bit bit from scorching to hot.

• Like 1

Beautiful tote, Mary Jo--as usual!  I love Autumn!  I can hardly wait til the crisp days!  I really don't get along well with sweaty hot summer!!!

• Like 1

as a kid in NY,we only lived two blocks from school,so we were always the walkers,there were kids that lived further away,and rode the city bus to school

for some reason the nuns designated me to ride with the kids home if they got sick and gave me bus fare back,yep different times indeed.

as Fall neared the street lights came on alot earlier

nice tote,adorable wiggly pad

• Like 1

Thank you all.  I use to love winter the best, as fall brought ragweed and allergies.

Living in NJ, we walked to school everyday till 9th.  We went to school with the same kids and what a shock when we went to Jr. High (middle school now).  Lots and lots of new faces and changing classes.

I am hoping to pack up the tote today.

The tote was shipped out on Saturday and it is in state.  I do not expect to see it delivered till Tuesday.

So here is what I think of when I hear the name of this state.

Peaches and Ray Charles.

I can not give you the name of the 1 President from this state, as that will give it away. :rofl

• Like 1

ummmmm yep that president would be a big giveaway

I know they are in heavy competition with our state with one product,each state claiming to be the biggest and bestest

• Like 1

Love fall so I love this tote!! Always has been my favorite season. I love the beautiful foliage and cool crisp days, and of course football!  Think I know the state!!

• Like 1

Thank you all.  The tote will be delivered tomorrow.

This state is also known for the production of peanuts, along with cotton, corn, tobacco  and the ever well know peaches.

The tote is in town and should be delivered today.

So the song this state brings to mind is Georgia on my Mind with Ray Charles singing.

Even though my home state of New Jersey has some beautiful ones, nothing beats a Georgia Peach.

I can't give you a clue to her name, so you will just have to wait.