Hello Everyone!  I am a knitting/crocheting grandma from Kentucky and I need help!  But first, let me say I am glad to be a part of this forum.  I have twin (boy and girl) grandchildren aged 11 years.  They have each asked for a 12-14" Lilo for Isaiah and Angel for Sadie.  I have searched Ravelry and Pinterest, but cannot find exactly what I want.  I understand Angel has long "tentacles" and a little Heart in purple on her backside.  Has anyone come across such a pattern?  I sure would appreciate hearing from you all if you have.  Thanks so very much!

Welcome to Crochetville! 

I assume you're talking about licensed characters. Patterns for licensed characters need to be approved by the company that owns the license. If you see them on Pinterest or Ravelry it's because someone made it up for their own personal use, which is legal. They just can't sell/give away their pattern legally.

Your best bet is to find an ami pattern as close to the characters as possible. Then you can tweek it to look like the actual characters. What kind of animals are they? Maybe we can help with finding similar.

Thanks so much for your response!  I have decided to do exactly what you said.  Lilo and Stitch are characters from a Disney movie and Angel is one of their friends.  I have seen patterns aplenty for Lilo so I will use that pattern to use since Angel is pretty much the same (except for her long "tentacles of hair" and a symbol on her back.  I think it will work fine.  I am just going to use a larger size hook to get them close to the size I want.  I will let you know how they turn out.

• Like 1

Howdy from Oklahoma

Welcome to Crochetville

Hi :hi and Welcome :welcome   to Crochetville from the Gulf Coast of Florida.

Grab your yarn and hooks, put your feet up and sit a spell.

Hello all,

I am a 40+ year crocheter but just really got down to the good stuff when I retired 5 years ago. I am from TN and live with 4 cats and a house full of yarn. Widow for 8 years now but love having the house to myself so that I can have boxes of yarn everywhere. I spend a good 4-8 hours a day knitting and crocheting and I give away most everything I make. I love making things with yarn - what can I say. Glad to join up with likewise people. .. Donna

On 8/30/2017 at 11:00 AM, DHollis said:

Hello all,

I am a 40+ year crocheter but just really got down to the good stuff when I retired 5 years ago. I am from TN and live with 4 cats and a house full of yarn. Widow for 8 years now but love having the house to myself so that I can have boxes of yarn everywhere. I spend a good 4-8 hours a day knitting and crocheting and I give away most everything I make. I love making things with yarn - what can I say. Glad to join up with likewise people. .. Donna

Welcome to the 'Ville, Donna!  I'm also retired, and spend about the same amount of time crocheting each day!  I teach 3 different classes for seniors and anyone who wants to learn.  We make lapghans for Veterans' hospitals, and prayer shawls for our local hospice.  I also make up special orders for people--that helps us with the cost of the yarn for our projects! 

Glad to have you join us!

Hello fellow Yarn Lovers!

I am a pattern hoarder..LOL...I do crochet every day, and always have at least 6 projects going at once. My favorite items to do are usually short quick stuff. Beanies, coasters, tissue box covers, cozy for coffee cups and recently finished a cardigan! That was MAJOR for me.  Blankets occasionally, for very special people only. I am collecting everything including things for babies, and I don't even have a grand baby. I will one day. I have even made a cpl of items and put in bag. I came across Crochetville because of the adorable 18 n doll patterns. Thanks so much for posting these!

Look forward to a source of info, when I get "stuck" !