Crochet two teddy bears

chars17

Question

6 answers to this question

Gaa, I lost my post as I was trying to edit it with a pic.  

Did you know we were looking at the backside of the black stitches?  Maybe that's why it seems to look odd to you?  Crochet doesn't look the same front and back, see the sample below of 2 sides of the blue stitches.

There are a couple of ways to make the fabric look almost the same on the right side - (1) work other-handed (is difficult--I can't do this)  (2) work from back to front instead of front to back (if you're right handed), basically a crochet purl stitch.  This is also a little mind-bending, since I knit this is a little easier for me, but not a lot.  

Front and back of SC stitch.jpg

4 hours ago, redrosesdz said:

What part doesn't look right? 

It's really difficult for me to see what the pics are. Are they a side view of some sort of join? Are you assembling the bear's parts? What is each color being used for?

This is 2teddy bears am doing  I hope it better picture this  time when you look at my work you wouldn't  even know what I have done

1503766674067-1658254185.jpg

1503766713125-1452302013.jpg

I think it looks pretty much spot-on, you are working the baby in pink not blue like the original.  You're mostly just looking at the bottom of the baby's toes and tummy at this point.

If you remember from another of your posts regarding a c2c bear pattern, I suggested to use a piece of paper or similar to cover up all the rows you have NOT worked yet (except the current row you're working on), so what you're looking at on the graph, and what you've already done, looks the same.   I'm currently working on a filet graph and I'm always checking to see the pattern on my work and the exposed graph matches.  

Since you work one row of a graph in one direction and the next in the other direction, it's a good idea to make a little mark at the end of each row as you finish it; this tells you where you left off, and also the direction you were working which just as important.  So, all the even row marks end up on one side, odd row marks on the other.

Here is a pic of just the bottom of your bear pattern, I'm not sure what row you've stopped at but you can see it looks very similar to what you have crocheted.

bear2.jpg

2 hours ago, Granny Square said:

I think it looks pretty much spot-on, you are working the baby in pink not blue like the original.  You're mostly just looking at the bottom of the baby's toes and tummy at this point.

If you remember from another of your posts regarding a c2c bear pattern, I suggested to use a piece of paper or similar to cover up all the rows you have NOT worked yet (except the current row you're working on), so what you're looking at on the graph, and what you've already done, looks the same.   I'm currently working on a filet graph and I'm always checking to see the pattern on my work and the exposed graph matches.  

Since you work one row of a graph in one direction and the next in the other direction, it's a good idea to make a little mark at the end of each row as you finish it; this tells you where you left off, and also the direction you were working which just as important.  So, all the even row marks end up on one side, odd row marks on the other.

Here is a pic of just the bottom of your bear pattern, I'm not sure what row you've stopped at but you can see it looks very similar to what you have crocheted.

bear2.jpg

bear2.jpg

bear2.jpg

8 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Is this the back or the front of your work?

It front

bear2.jpg

Thankyou

Archived