RED DOG

Pattern Help

I am just finishing up the center of a doily which is a pumpkin.  I have done 30 rows across and now row 31 is working into the ends of the rows with a ch3 sc, when I get to the 30 th row I am at the end of row 1, this is where I am having a problem, the directions say working in starting ch on opposite side of row 1, sc in next ch sp, ch3.  I am not sure where to put my next stitch.  I would appreciate any help.  Thanks.

The "opposite side of row 1" means to work into the unused strands of the foundation chain.  When you make a chain, there are 3 strands. When you made row 1 in your foundation chain (initial chain) you used 1 or 2 of the strands. So, the strand(s) you didn't use are underneath row 1. Rotate your work 90 degrees (don't turn it over) until row 1 looks like the previous row. 

I hope this makes sense! Let us know. 

Thanks for responding.  I am still confused.  Right now I am in the ch4 space of row 1 which was the beg ch for row 1, If I turn it around I will be going in the wrong direction.  I have worked on the opposite side of the chain before but for some reason I am so confused about where to go.  

^what she said.

You're not turning it over. You're rotating it. If it helps, place it on a table with the edge you just did at the top. Rotate it clockwise once so that the original row 1 is at the top. 

What you're doing is going around the corner and continuing.