Help

Jules247

Question

Hi there, I need help!!! ? I just started a new project where I have to join motifs. That's not really the problem but in the pattern (see below) in the first row after the motifs is a triple crochet into a V of double crochet. But I have no clue how I can do that Y in one row??? Please help me!!! ?? thanks so much already. ?

IMG_9042.JPG

3 answers to this question

Hi Jules, welcome to the ville!  That's an inverted Y stitch, and there are tutorials for it, I will try to locate one for you and come back and post.  if i can't find one, i will try to describe it in my own words for you; it's not hard to do once you see how it;s done.

You may want to look in the Town Hall section for the site guidelines; we really are not supposed to post big chunks of patterns as this violates the copyright of the pattern.  if you could post just the image of the specific stitch, or make your own sketch of it and post that, it would be better than posting the big image.  

The top and bottom borders are made upside down from each other.

Looking at the top inverted Y (maybe stick man is a better name) for the right orientation as you'd be making the stitch , you yarn over 3 times (like a double treble), insert the hook and complete 1 yarn over & pull thru 2 into the righthand spot (right leg), then yo and make a sort of standing DC in the lefthand spot (left leg), then complete the rest of the yarnovers & pull thrus of the double treble (body).

Well I couldn't find a tutorial.  there are some videos for the same thing but with a lot more yarnovers so i don't that that would really help too much.

I'm grateful that Granny Square gave such a clear explanation of it.  :)   So Jules, give it a try and see if it makes sense, i know it sounds weird but it will make more sense if you do it step by step.  If you need more help just let us know!  

Archived