New Yarn Storage System

I haven't been around as much as I'd like, because I've been busy moving. In my old house, my yarn storage was cardboard boxes and plastic bags stuffed everywhere. At my new house, I dedicated part of a room to yarn & thread. Here it is ...

20170804_204807.thumb.jpg.5f498b07385c6a601db02c08686c9240.jpg

Oh, sweet! :)

I just moved myself in April and I am surrounded by boxes I had in storage and it's driving me crazy. lol. I need to work on getting rid of stuff because I don't have room for it. Oh, for the day when I can be organized too!

Sharon that looks great! :yes

Krys

PS: What is the size of those bigger containers?.  While ago I did convert one of my walking closets only for yarn use (shelf's around..). BUT, I still have more yarn..:(. I thought I might use those containers for a basement closet?.

Besides that I think I will need to donate some of my "designers yarns" to Salvation Army. I just do not have much use for that kind of yarns any longer and I have too much of that..

I am very happy for you that everything is working out well for you in your new home. I got your email, I will reply soon!:)

The big drawers hold 3 bulky pounders easily. (I figure that giving the size in yarn, instead of inches would be more useful. Let me know if you need the exact size.) My son used the big drawers as a cheap dresser in college. 

Oo-o-oh!!  I'm so envious!!!  I'd love to do that--have, in fact, wanted to do that--for ages!!  Now I just need to go through all my other junk, and get rid of it--so that I can FIND all my yarn!!  I have bags here, bags there, boxes here, boxes there, then more bags and boxes!!  :loco

19 hours ago, Avon Lady said:

Oo-o-oh!!  I'm so envious!!!  I'd love to do that--have, in fact, wanted to do that--for ages!!  Now I just need to go through all my other junk, and get rid of it--so that I can FIND all my yarn!!  I have bags here, bags there, boxes here, boxes there, then more bags and boxes!!  :loco

Collette: Sounds to me like your yarn would be fun to go through and organize. :D

Nice!  That looks a bit like the inside of my craft room/den/sewing room closet organization scheme, except neater :lol I was afraid to stack the boxes too high, so I also have plastic grocery bags full of yarn hanging from hangers above the boxes.  

Archived